Cake Plateau

Decorating By valcomer Updated 16 Jun 2010 , 5:19pm by LindaF144a

valcomer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valcomer Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:24am
post #1 of 8

where could i buy this cake plateau at?..any help would be appreciated, my daughter is getting married and she really liked the gold scrolling on it!
LL

7 replies
LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 8

Given it is a Ron Ben Israel cake I am going to assume it is a mold. He uses them quite often.

As to where to buy a mold like this. I have no idea. But I'm sure others will chime in real soon and can help you with that part.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 8

She's actually asking about the plateau.

And know RBI, he might have had it specially made. I've never seen anything like it.

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 4:02pm
post #4 of 8

In looking at that cake I do not think that the scrolling is a plateau at all. I looks as if the cake is sitting up on a riser (probably styrofoam) and that scroll molds were used and applied to look like a plateau. The cake is actually sitting on a white board with ribbon around it and the scrolls do not appear to have any pressure being applied to them.

idocakes4fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idocakes4fun Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cake-angel

In looking at that cake I do not think that the scrolling is a plateau at all. I looks as if the cake is sitting up on a riser (probably styrofoam) and that scroll molds were used and applied to look like a plateau. The cake is actually sitting on a white board with ribbon around it and the scrolls do not appear to have any pressure being applied to them.

Looks that way to me too. Even if it's not, that's certainly an option to achieve the same look at much lower cost.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 8

It it is a plateau...I would hate to put that bottom layer "inside" the high edges.

LindaF144a Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:17pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

She's actually asking about the plateau.

And know RBI, he might have had it specially made. I've never seen anything like it.

I was thinking about the edging around the cake, duh! icon_rolleyes.gif

But given what the others have said, possibly it could be sitting on something else and those are made of sugar paste and molds. It certainly makes one think outside of the box. icon_lol.gif

LindaF144a Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:19pm
post #8 of 8

One more thing. What if the ribbon is actually wrapped around Styrofoam or some other cake stand like thing. (I can't remember if Styrofoam is a no no or not). Then you could wrap the ribbon round and set it in the cake plateau and put the cake on top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%