It Really Is A Good Thing...

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 12 Jun 2010 , 1:13pm by KHalstead

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 26

I am self employed because I am seriously procrastinating.. Or maybe that's really bad... Because if I worked for someone else I'd be half done already...

Do you ever find that no matter how much work you have to do or how much you enjoy your work, motivation can be seriously elusive!? It's killing me!

Of course it doesn't help that I only got 3 1/2 hours of sleep the night before last and then woke up to my hard work bending over to touch his toes instead of standing up... And then damage control and finish decorating before an 11am pick-up and then the candy order called to come 8 hours early to pick up her order that wasn't ready... then I looked around and wanted to cry because of the mess that surrounded me...

I want a maid! Glad I'm 3 cakes away from a week of vacation... Burning out....

25 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:56pm
post #2 of 26

I totally hear ya!! I went to bed at 5am this morning from caking all night last night and was back up at 7:00 am!

I gott get 10 cupcake bouquets packaged up too and I'm just sitting here on CC!!!lol I get my week long vacation in July and boy do I need it!

CakeInfatuation Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:57pm
post #3 of 26

ha ha ha Based on all your posting this morning I had a feeling you were in the same boat... sitting here on CC instead of working... I gotta unplug this machine! ha ha

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:58pm
post #4 of 26

Hahaha! So true. I am sitting here on CC while five un-iced cakes are staring at me. I'd better get dressed so I can go to the gym...

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 26

dont unplug that computer!! I turned mine off for a few hours when doing cakes last weekend icon_confused.gif two weeks ago? .. and about went crazy.. CC is a baum to the soul.. it also keeps us cakers off the bell tower, with loaded bags of frosting taking out pedestrians bellow.. semi automatic cake ball launchers... chocolate mold grenades!! yah.. cake central has saved many lives... icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

Jenniferkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferkay Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 2:09pm
post #6 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

dont unplug that computer!! I turned mine off for a few hours when doing cakes last weekend icon_confused.gif two weeks ago? .. and about went crazy.. CC is a baum to the soul.. it also keeps us cakers off the bell tower, with loaded bags of frosting taking out pedestrians bellow.. semi automatic cake ball launchers... chocolate mold grenades!! yah.. cake central has saved many lives... icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 2:09pm
post #7 of 26

OMG Tesso - I laughing so hard that tears are streaming down my face! My coworkers (real job) want in on the joke, but they just wouldn't get it. icon_lol.gif

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 2:16pm
post #8 of 26

you people are just too funny thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

CakeInfatuation Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 2:25pm
post #9 of 26

Forget the pedestrians below... I almost took out my three favorite people yesterday! I was overtired, overloaded, and overwhelmed. Add to that my monthly visitor and the cake tornado around me and then you have The Cranky Caker... My 7 year old asked me... "Mom... why are you acting like you had a bad day?".

I got a good 8.5 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night and now feel like a new woman... who still needs some motivation...

KHalstead Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 3:48pm
post #10 of 26

I've got another late night ahead of me again........I've got 10 dozen cookies and 3 full sheets, 1/2 sheet, and a 1/4 sheet to do! AYE! Why do I take these orders??? Oh yeah, I'm running a business!! lol

confectionsofahousewife Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 4:26pm
post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I've got another late night ahead of me again........I've got 10 dozen cookies and 3 full sheets, 1/2 sheet, and a 1/4 sheet to do! AYE! Why do I take these orders??? Oh yeah, I'm running a business!! lol

10 dozen cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My lord woman! That makes my hand want to fall off just thinking about it.

KHalstead Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 4:28pm
post #12 of 26

lol.........last weekend I had 200 iced and decorated sugar cookies to do!!!

This week, they're 2 doz. each of choc. chip, no bake oatmeal, macaroons, pb cup tarts, and decorated sugar cookies. So not NEARLY as daunting as those 200 individually wrapped, labeled and tagged cookies last week LOL

These ones this week just get plopped on a platter and a lid put on top!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 4:41pm
post #13 of 26

I'm getting so depressed because we decided this year we need to save money and forgo on vacation! icon_cry.gif I have like a sort of three day thing in July, and a sort of three day thing in August, neither of which is true "vacation" but it is "going out of town and away from cake" I guess.

To complicate things I am trying to potty train my fourth (and last) toddler and he is NOT motivated to be trained. AT. ALL.

This was a "week off" cakes actually but I'm so busy trying to train my kid, help the kids get used to their job charts for the summer, and make a bazillion little fondant animals for a huge order for next week, its really not a "week off" at all...and then hub is out of town next week while I do four kids, potty train, and three cakes all by myself.

Yep I'm no fun to be around right now.

KHalstead Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 5:44pm
post #14 of 26

Kita, the ONLY reason we're having a vacation (we have NEVER gone on vacation) is because my in laws bought all 6 of us (me and DH and 4 kids) plane tickets to Florida, THEY rented a house for the week w/ 8 bedrooms/6 bathrooms, and THEY got all the kids tickets to Disney world and THEy are providing Breakfast and dinner everyday (we're on our own for lunch, but they said they'll have stuff at the house we can pack for lunches if we don't want to buy anything)

We have to rent a car, and buy our own park tickets.........but we'd have to be pretty stupid to pass up on an opportunity like that!!!

Normally for "vacation" we get a campsite for the summer and I wind up running back and forth all weekend making/delivering cakes while everyone else relaxes, swims, has fun.......by the time I get there at midnight, the kids are in bed and me and DH hang out by a fire for 20 min. before he goes to bed........some vacation huh?

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 5:57pm
post #15 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

I'm getting so depressed because we decided this year we need to save money and forgo on vacation! icon_cry.gif I have like a sort of three day thing in July, and a sort of three day thing in August, neither of which is true "vacation" but it is "going out of town and away from cake" I guess.

To complicate things I am trying to potty train my fourth (and last) toddler and he is NOT motivated to be trained. AT. ALL.

This was a "week off" cakes actually but I'm so busy trying to train my kid, help the kids get used to their job charts for the summer, and make a bazillion little fondant animals for a huge order for next week, its really not a "week off" at all...and then hub is out of town next week while I do four kids, potty train, and three cakes all by myself.

Yep I'm no fun to be around right now.

what about a "staycation"? Don't take any orders for a week put up a tent in the backyard make a fire and roast marshmallows?

CakeInfatuation Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 6:38pm
post #16 of 26

Suzy... I'd say let's sneak out for lunch or a late night snack next week BUT if your hubby is gone... When does he leave??? Maybe we can sneak out Saturday night before he goes... Whadda ya think???? My hubby will be here with the digger... We can commiserate and get fat at the same time! icon_wink.gif

I feel for you! And leave the potty training till later... Don't stress!

Kitagrl Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 6:54pm
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeInfatuation

Suzy... I'd say let's sneak out for lunch or a late night snack next week BUT if your hubby is gone... When does he leave??? Maybe we can sneak out Saturday night before he goes... Whadda ya think???? My hubby will be here with the digger... We can commiserate and get fat at the same time! icon_wink.gif

I feel for you! And leave the potty training till later... Don't stress!

Yeah but he's almost THREE!!!!

I wish we could go out...but these animals are taking WAY more time than I thought, even to just go through and do them hurriedly without being a perfectionist is taking days....anyway Saturday I am going to a church shopping trip thing with a few ladies so maybe that will be an okay break.

We definitely need to do lunch sometime though!

KHalstead Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 7:28pm
post #18 of 26

so Kita, totally off topic but what kinds of issues are you having with the potty training??

Does he not want to be bothered? Not feeling the urge to go and realize before it's too late??

Maybe I know some tricks that worked with my boys that you haven't tried yet?

Kitagrl Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 7:47pm
post #19 of 26
Quote:

so Kita, totally off topic but what kinds of issues are you having with the potty training??

Does he not want to be bothered? Not feeling the urge to go and realize before it's too late??

Maybe I know some tricks that worked with my boys that you haven't tried yet?

He's uncomfy with going on the potty..he holds it in until later. icon_smile.gif He's similar to my boy #2...so will be harder. Boys number 1 and 3 were much easier to motivate!

KHalstead Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 10:38pm
post #20 of 26

Have you tried the whole "special toys" or "special book" in the bathroom??

Or what about sinking fruit loops? My oldest son LOVED that....honestly I don't think I'd have gotten him to go to the bathroom if it wasn't for the fruit loops!

Kitagrl Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 11:09pm
post #21 of 26
Quote:

Have you tried the whole "special toys" or "special book" in the bathroom??

Or what about sinking fruit loops? My oldest son LOVED that....honestly I don't think I'd have gotten him to go to the bathroom if it wasn't for the fruit loops!

Yeah he doesn't mind sitting on the potty, just doesn't like "going"....

tesso Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 5:44am
post #22 of 26

fruit loops???? icon_confused.gif oh hon.. you have got to explain that one.

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 5:50am
post #23 of 26
Quote:

I'm guessing you picture the fruit loop as a target, one that must be aimed for, saturated, and thus sunk. icon_cool.gif

tesso Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 6:14am
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiccoloChellie

Quote:

I'm guessing you picture the fruit loop as a target, one that must be aimed for, saturated, and thus sunk. icon_cool.gif

Oh man, I am laughing so hard my side hurts!! Whole new idea to who sunk my battleship.. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

confectionsofahousewife Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 1:05pm
post #25 of 26

Don't stress about Kita. I know its hard not to and you have much experience in potty training but for me it was always easier to wait until the kids asked to wear underpants and use the potty. I would much rather change a diaper than clean up an accident. My oldest boy was 3 1/2 before he trained and I went through a time when I was stressed about it and tried to train him but he refused. You know the saying "you can lead a horse to water..." You can put the kid on the potty but you can't force him to go! With #2 (the kid not the....you know!) I just waited until he told me he was ready. I don't have time to ask the kids every 20 minutes if they need to potty so I just wait until they are able to know when they have to go. That's my experience after potty training two boys and currently "waiting" on a girl to train.

Tesso- you've never heard of the fruit loops thing! Helps little boys learn how to...er....aim!

KHalstead Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 1:13pm
post #26 of 26

You got it Picco!!! My son refused to pee until I had this idea!! We wound up having to swap out the fruit loops for dried potpourri though, (we used to keep a bowl of fruit loops on the back of the toilet, you should have HEARD the responses from guests when they came over LOL) because I found my son sitting on the toilet trying to poop while eating the bowl of 2 month old fruit loops!!!!!

My son REFUSED to sit down on the toilet, he swore something was going to bite him!! My DH said, teach him to pee like a man, let him stand it's MUCH more fun!! (lol) So I wanted to discourage him from going all OVER the place like a dog (which I knew he would do if allowed to just spray without a target) so I thought of something that would eventually dissolve and NOT clog the toilet and fruit loops were the winner. We kept a little crystal bowl on the back of the toilet w/ fruit loops in it, when my DS needed to go potty he got to pick out a color and throw it in the toilet and aim away! He loved it!!!

one day he went running to the bathroom yelling something, I thought he was hurt or something so I ran after him.......he left the door open, and when I caught up to him he was dumping half the bowl of fruit loops in the toilet. I yelled at him and said it was wasteful and the idea was to SINK them, not just fill the toilet with them........his response???? "I know Mommy, but I really have to go bad and I wanted a challenge!!!" LOL He was 4 at the time and I thought I was gonna wet myself when he said it. I told him it was ok JUST THIS ONCE!! lol

MY DD on the other hand, got special "bathroom toys", that she could ONLY play with if she was sitting on the potty. I let her pick out her favorite toys at the store (just a couple little things) and once she chose them I explained to her that they were ONLY if you're on the potty.

She used to sit on the toilet for 2 hrs. at a time just to play with those toys!!! She was nearly 2 when she got potty trained and it took 2 weeks of playing on the toilet and she was fully potty trained, she's 6 now and she has NEVER EVER peed her pants EVER. My boys on the other hand...........different story. They were both 3 going on 4 before they got it down.......and my 8 yr. old still wets the bed sometimes (like once or twice a year), but my DD has NEVER gone other than on a toilet since she was in diapers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%