Help Needed With This Design

Decorating By tcakes65 Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 3:20pm by saycheese

tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 5

I have a July 3 bride that is interested in the attached design for her wedding cake. It is a Ron Ben-Israel cake. I am modifying it in order to keep the costs down. My question is how did do you think he did this technique? Are the edible gems glued onto fondant and then the fondant placed on the cake? I'm really concerned about getting the effect right, especially where the pieces cross. Thanks for your help!
LL

4 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 5

You are going to have to glue the gems on after the fondant is on the cake or you won't be able to smooth the fondant out properly. It's a gorgeous cake - looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 5

Wow...that is a beautiful cake! Good luck!

tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:04pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks, I'm going to need it. icon_biggrin.gif We're actually icing the cake in buttercream. At least I'm hoping it will work that way. I forgot to mention that. I guess I would put the fondant pieces on the cake and then glue the gems to it? I'm hoping this cake is just time-consuming and not that difficult to do. This is for a former NFL player that lives in my city, and the reception is being held at the football stadium. Therefore, it has to look good so I'm stressing already.

saycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saycheese Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:20pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC

Thanks, I'm going to need it. icon_biggrin.gif

no you don't! icon_lol.gif I just looked at your pics and your cakes are absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see this one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%