Massa Fondant - Bitter Aftertaste?

Decorating By vdrsolo Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 4:21am by BlakesCakes

vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:35am
post #1 of 4

I have been hearing such wonderful things about this fondant so I had them send me a sample each of the white and opaque.

I couldn't stand the stuff...both my husband and I detected a nasty bitter aftertaste after eating it, is it possible I could have gotten a bad batch?? The aftertaste reminded me of Wilton fondant!!

I am a Satin Ice user and just recently started playing around with Michele Foster's fondant recipe...would love to duplicate the Buttercream flavor of Fondarific! Both of these were so much better in taste.

3 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:55am
post #2 of 4

I love Massa American. I've never experienced any aftertaste.

As for a buttercream flavor, Satin Ice now makes one icon_wink.gif

Rae

vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 4:17am
post #3 of 4

Yes, I have seen they have come out with one, but only up to 10lbs. Have you tried it yet..does it taste pretty good and have the same workability as the vanilla white?

I don't know...maybe it's just our taste buds...but I have tried it several times since I received, thinking maybe it was just me and maybe what I have eaten...same thing, this very distinct bitter aftertaste. I ended up throwing it in the trash.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 4:21am
post #4 of 4

I have a bucket of the SI buttercream, but haven't had the chance to try it yet.

I'd contact Albert Uster and tell them about your experience. They're very responsive.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%