Competitions/ Fairs

Decorating By MoonicaLeigh Updated 6 Sep 2005 , 5:34pm by MoonicaLeigh

MoonicaLeigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MoonicaLeigh Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 12:38pm
post #1 of 5

I have a question for everyone. In different competitions, fairs, and such. How do you know when you decorate your table or just put your cake where they tell you? I am getting ready to enter my first cake in our State Fair. I don't see anything in the rules. icon_cry.gif Can someone help me? Thanks so much!!

4 replies
thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 12:43pm
post #2 of 5

I've only entered two fairs (two times each) but at both of them the cakes were simply placed on a "bench" or "ladder" type table with everyone elses cakes. There is nothing to decorate. One fair called for the cakes to be on a paper or other plate that need not be returned. The other fair supplied plastic containers for the cakes (mine didn't fit in the container). Unless there is a lot of room to display the cakes or unless it specifies I wouldn't think there would be a table to decorate. Maybe there's a # you can call and ask?

Good Luck to you!
Debbie

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 5

Maybe you can call someone and ask? But I would be prepared to decorate my own cake area...ya know with flowers and such to enhance the look, just in case....but I would think it would be just placing where they tell you....

Rexy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rexy Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 1:02pm
post #4 of 5

In NC we just drop our cakes off and they display them for us. You never know where yours will be until you attend the fair. Good Luck!

MoonicaLeigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MoonicaLeigh Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 5:34pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone!!! Sorry I was out of town for a few days =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%