R2D2 Cake

Decorating By Breezebay Updated 6 Jun 2010 , 11:51pm by msulli10

Breezebay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Breezebay Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 11:19pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have any directions or good tutorial for a R2D2 cake (Star Wars ) ? I came across a site the other day that had great step by step photos, but cant find it now.
Also sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.

4 replies
tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 5

I made an R2D2 cake for my son about 12 years ago-- I baked 3 cakes in the 3 inch pans and leveled them and then I baked one cake at 350 in the 3 inch pan so it would have a high crown. I carved it so it would be really round. I iced it with butter cream and piped all the accents. I used cardboard for the 'legs' and iced them too. It came out pretty good-- but if only I knew then what I know now!

SMcDonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SMcDonald Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 11:45pm
post #3 of 5

I made one (sorry, have not had a chance to upload the photo yet) where I baked two 6 inch cakes and a half of the Wilton ball pan for a perfect circle on the top. For the base I used 3 small pieces of styrofoam that looked like the wheels and put the 6 inch cake circle on that for the cakes. For the legs I used RKT and covered them all in fondant.

Hope that makes sense and helps!

mykidsarekillingme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mykidsarekillingme Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 5

Google Mark Joseph R2D2 cake and it will take you to his blog and the BEST EVER step by step instructions! Good luck!

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 11:51pm
post #5 of 5

Here ya go. I used this when I made mine. Just one word of advice - put a dowel down the middle. I didn't and it fell over during transit -ooops!

http://www.bsideblog.com/2008/06/making-the-most-amazing-r2-d2-cake-ever/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%