Help Me Decide....pls

Decorating By tmelrose Updated 3 Jun 2010 , 3:54pm by tmelrose

tmelrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmelrose Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 6

This weekend I plan to make a white cake with lemon filling and fondant. Lately I've read that ganache is great under fondant. Since the cake is white with lemon filling, I'd have to use the white choc ganache. Would white choc ganache taste ok with white cake w/lemon?

Here are my two options I've been debating between:

White cake
lemon filling
white choc ganache
Michele Foster's Updated Fondant w/white choc chips

*OR*

White cake
lemon filling
vanilla buttercream
Rhonda's Ultimate MMF w/princess cake & cookie emulsion (which has a lemony taste)

My main thing was the combinations of everything. I've never tried either fondant recipe nor white choc ganache. Any opinions would be appreciated.

5 replies
Thanksharla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thanksharla Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 6

I would go with:

White cake
lemon filling
vanilla buttercream
Michele Foster's Fondant

tmelrose Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for the quick reply Sharla. Would you add white choc chips to Michele Foster's fondant or keep regular?

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:21pm
post #4 of 6

The white chocolate ganache sounds pretty good to me in this combination and works very well if you live in a hot and/or humid climate. If you use the ganache, I'd put the chocolate chips in the fondant. If you use buttercream, I'd use just the regular version of the fondant. Either way it sounds great! Could you e-mail me a slice when it's done (hahaha)?

Oh, yes, and either way, I'd use Michele Foster's fondant, just because I've had better results with it all around.

Peanut1027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peanut1027 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 6

I would also go with Michelle Fosters fondant! I never have a problem and it comes out really well. I would also use vanilla buttercream with the white cake and lemon filling. It's making me hungary just thinking about it icon_biggrin.gif

tmelrose Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:54pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone! Michele Fosters fondant with vanilla bc it is! Wish I could fax everyone a piece!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%