Need Inspiration Cupcakes For 1St Bd

Baking By adamsgama Updated 3 Jul 2010 , 2:14am by PartyCupcakes

adamsgama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsgama Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 8

Hi ladies I need help. I have to do cupcakes for a 1 year pld boy this Saturday and the inspiration well is running dry. I first thought jungle animal theme, but I think he is too young to know what they are.

Any suggestions/ I tried to search on here, but couldn't find the right forum or question to ask.

Adamgama

7 replies
cupediecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupediecake Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 8

What about farm animals , they love farm animals at that age. icon_smile.gif

ginascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginascakes Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 8

Here's a suggestion...so easy and the child gets such a thrill! Good luck icon_biggrin.gif
LL

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 4:21am
post #4 of 8

Those Elmo cupcakes are just too cute. thumbs_up.gif My granddaughter will be 1 on June 13TH and she is going to have a very "girly" cake but since she's so crazy about Elmo I think I'm going to make a few of those as well.

hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 4:57am
post #5 of 8

What DOES he know and like? Or what do his parents like, may be more relevant. icon_smile.gif

Any kind of animal is good (you might be surprised by how many a baby recognizes), or if there is a particular toy or cartoon character he is into (and his parents don't object to), that works well. Cute cars/trucks/trains/planes/boats. Dinosaurs. Tools. Shoes, maybe, because a 1yo is probably within a few weeks or months, one direction or the other, of learning to walk.

How about a celestial thing, with stars and planets and maybe rockets, and the birthday boy gets the moon? "Moon" was both of my kids' first word, so I love this theme for toddlers. Plus it ties in with children's literature -- "Papa, Get the Moon for Me" and "love you to the moon and back" and so on.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 5:41am
post #6 of 8

I have to smile because the 1 year old probably won't give a hoot what his cupcake looks like...it's going to end up squished in a matter of seconds. Just make something that you want to make for your own creativity's sake now while you can, because every year after this one, he'll have his own opinion! icon_lol.gif
Have fun and congrats on the grandson's big #1!

Cake-O-Rate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-O-Rate Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 12:02am
post #7 of 8

Congrats on the 1st birthday for the little one icon_biggrin.gif

I always think of airplanes and baseballs for little boys birthdays.

Good luck!

PartyCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PartyCupcakes Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 2:14am
post #8 of 8

Hi, it's my son's first birthday party next week and I am planning to do a jungle theme (ok he won't really care but I'd like to make it a special day he can look back on and also gives me an excuse to try out some new cupcakes! icon_biggrin.gif )

Have a look at this Youtube video that shows you how to make some really cute jungle animal faces:

Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%