Eggless Wedding Cake? Help!!!

Baking By WelshCakes Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 3:40am by cakesmade4u

WelshCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WelshCakes Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 1:59am
post #1 of 7

Hello all you pros out there,

Please help!!! My wife and I are making our very first wedding cake which is awesome, but there is a catch... It needs to be an eggless cake! It is going to be a 4-tier cake (12, 10, 8, 6) so it needs to be the right consistency for stacking, torting, and filling. Please send me your wonderful eggless cake recipes! Thanks for your time!

Cake on,
-Nick & Kayla

6 replies
chikadodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikadodle Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 2:08am
post #2 of 7

Here is one I use when I have vegan cake requests:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Vegan-Chocolate-Cake/Detail.aspx

That site has a bunch of vegan cake recipes, though I haven't tried the others. My customers seem pretty content with this one. Good luck!

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 2:14am
post #3 of 7

Would the bride consider having just one layer be eggless and the rest your tried and true recipes?

WelshCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WelshCakes Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 2:52am
post #4 of 7

Thanks chikadodle! We appreciate it!

denetteb: The Brides side of the family doesn't eat eggs. I sure wish we could do that but it was her request. bummer!

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 2:56am
post #5 of 7

Wow, that is a lot of non-egg eating people. Sorry can't help with a recipe. Good luck with it.

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 3:16am
post #6 of 7

My favourite!! Nice and moist!

Eggless Butter Cake

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/3 cups butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and line an 8 inch round or square cake pan.
2.Sift together flour and baking powder once.
3.In a medium bowl, beat butter or margarine and sugar for 7 minutes. (Color should be pale yellow. Do not overbeat.) Mix evaporated milk with vanilla; mix slowly into the sugar mixture. Mix in flour one spoonful at a time until well blended. Pour into prepared cake pan.
4.Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.

p.s. I know 375 is high, but I tried at 325 and it sinks in the middle. 375 is the right temp and use baking strips, if possible. Comes out lovely and even, moist and delish!

cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 3:40am
post #7 of 7

Hi not sure if you are using a cake mix or homemade cake but you can make a cake mix with just a can of soda any flavor no eggs oil or anything els the taste is pretty good.. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%