Help. I Need Ideas By Tonight!

Decorating By pursuing_perfection Updated 31 May 2010 , 3:44pm by bettinashoe

pursuing_perfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pursuing_perfection Posted 31 May 2010 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 4

I had posted this earlier with no response, so I thought I would try again. I would really like to take this cake to the next level, but am having a mental block.

"I am finishing my Wilton Course 3 next week, and like a good student, I have made my 40 plus fondant roses. (I could probably do it with my eyes close now!) The cake we are supposed to do is two tier white with the roses cascading down. My roses are various shades of coral (custom color), and the leaves are Wilton juniper green. Any suggestions for other flowers to mix in, or for a different base color for the cake other than white fondant? I really don't like doing "cookie cutter" cakes where everyone takes home the exact same thing. However, I seem to have the cake-maker's version of writer's block. Thanks for your suggestions."

3 replies
Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 31 May 2010 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 4

Why not make the leafs the statement colour? Im not sure what colour juniper green is, But i think that against the white and coral would stand out quite nicely, You could try some filler flowers which are simple to do, and have them a bright colour, blue or pink or something?

tlreetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlreetz Posted 31 May 2010 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 4

I am a Wilton Instructor and I encourage my students to create their own designs instead of simply choosing the one from the book. May I suggest some fabric ribbon in complimenting colors around the base of each tier. You will be suprised how the leaves, as Caths suggested, will have a dramatic effect on the appearance of the cake.

Best of luck and please post pics!!

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 31 May 2010 , 3:44pm
post #4 of 4

I'm a big fan of turquoise (light) cakes with coral flwoers. In fact I love turquoise with almost any other color. Also, brown (chocolate) is a wonderful base color.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%