Cake Injury????

Decorating By Zahrah Updated 15 Jun 2014 , 8:48pm by melindymoo

cakelady31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady31 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 2:47am
post #31 of 33

Oh my gosh! Sorry for all the injuries! It amazes me all we do for the love of cakin !!!! I am laying here after a solid 12 hour day of standing on me feet. Boy my aching back, feet and my legs i swear are on fire!
I have in the past almost torn my rotator cuff ! Why oh why do I do this to myself? I have tendonitis in both shoulders , pulled a tendon above my left ankle, which by the way , a year later still hurts and is swollen. I tend to put my weight on my left when decorating. Not to mention the sheer back fatigue and soreness. I can't believe that after 13 years of working in a grocery store as a cake decorator and making cakes (alot of them) on the side I don't have wrist problems too! by far the worst though for me was the rotator cuff injury!! I was out of work for 4 months!!! boy I wouldn't wish that on anybody!!! Although the KA on the toes made me wince while reading it!!OUCH

happy and safe caking people!!

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 3:03am
post #32 of 33

OMG....I am laughing so hard right now.

OUCH KA to the toes!!!

And my husband asks after every single cake how many burns I have!!! You'd think I'd learn by now....but I don't.

My back and shoulders take the brunt of my caking injuries. I roll my fondant on the kitchen table instead of the counter and that seems to help, but uggg....now that I think of it, maybe it is all the time I spend typing on CC!!!!

All in all I could never imagine my life without cakes....how dull and boring would that be???? I'll take the injuries all in the name of cakes!!!!!

melindymoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melindymoo Posted 15 Jun 2014 , 8:48pm
post #33 of 33

AMy right hand is always stiff and a little sore from piping all day, but I hardly notice it anymore. Sometimes when I wake up my fingers are so blown up I can't get my rings off. My back was always stiff at the end of the week until I bought some nursing shoes now it never hurts. My sciatic nerve hurts for the 1st time in my life. AND the left side of my neck is very achy now for two days. But I LOVE what I do so much. I am truly obsessed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%