Champagne Cupcakes

Baking By 02392Suze Updated 5 Jun 2010 , 4:26pm by Zahrah

02392Suze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
02392Suze Posted 29 May 2010 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 6

I want to make champagne (or sparkling wine) cupcakes for wedding..sound so romantic. Anyone got a recipe that dosent mean i have to beat egg whites seperately? Would like to add champagne frosting but would it be too runny? icon_smile.gif

5 replies
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 30 May 2010 , 6:56am
post #2 of 6

Why don't you purchase champagne flavoring? Let me look up the recipe I used and I will post the link for you. Be right back.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 30 May 2010 , 6:58am
post #3 of 6

1 Duncan Hines white cake mix (works best)
Follow box instructions,
except substitute 3/4 C. Andre' Pink Champagne for part of the liquid called for, and the rest milk.
The rest of ingredients as called for on the box,
tint cake batter with 1-2 drops of red food coloring to tint the batter a pastel pink color.
Bake as usual.

For Champagne Butter Cream Icing:
Substitute part of the milk called for with Andre' Pink Champagne (at leaset 2-3 T.)
follow the rest of the recipe as usual.

This is a crusting Butter cream recipe from Wilton magazines.
You can tint the icing a pastel pink or any other color if necessary.

Sometimes I add between the cake layers a Raspberry filling for an even more wonderful flavor. I mix
seedless raspberry jam in with my buttercream icing (more jam than icing to your own taste) or just use
raspberry jam by it's self. 1 bottle of champagne will go as far as 5 cake mixes if needing it for a
wedding cake.

02392Suze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
02392Suze Posted 30 May 2010 , 12:14pm
post #4 of 6

thank you so much x

kdrangeid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdrangeid Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 6

If you want a Champagne Frosting that you can taste the champagne, I use the following recipe. It is too sweet for me but everyone else LOVED them.

3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temp
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons champagne -- I actually used more than double

if you add more champagne for taste, just add more sugar and/or butter to get the consistency you want. This makes a small batch - covers about a dozen if you do the thick center swirl type cover.

I have found that a dry champagne works better for flavor than the really sweet ones.
Good luck!

Zahrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zahrah Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 6

I use a few drops of champagne flavoring oil and replace the water with champagne. One of my favs - it'll smell heavenly when you're baking it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%