How Many Pages Of "my Saved Cake Photos" Do You Ha

Decorating By mbark Updated 27 May 2010 , 9:15pm by Minstrelmiss

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 26 May 2010 , 1:47am
post #1 of 35

Just thought it would be fun to share how many pages you currently have in the "my saved cake photos" (favorite photos). I have 10 pages.
Do you have any method for choosing or organizing them?
icon_smile.gif

34 replies
HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 26 May 2010 , 1:54am
post #2 of 35

Currently, I have 5. Didn't know you could organize them.

blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 26 May 2010 , 2:04am
post #3 of 35

12 and counting for me! icon_biggrin.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 26 May 2010 , 2:08am
post #4 of 35

*blushes* i have 470 pages of saved favorite photos. icon_redface.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

i didn't know you could organize them. how do you do that?

mbark Posted 26 May 2010 , 2:10am
post #5 of 35

whoa GenGen!
sorry, organize wasn't the right word. I just meant like if you go through & delete if you're getting too many, something like that

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 26 May 2010 , 2:20am
post #6 of 35

oh i dont care if i get too many lol. i save the one's that i like and also ones that inspire me. certain ones i will keep in a file on my comp marked cake central but their Always marked by the cake artist who created them so i have reference for questions and accreditation in case i use their work as inspiration.

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 26 May 2010 , 2:29am
post #7 of 35

too many! lol. it would be great to have a way to organise them though! make things much easier, i have to restrain my self these days because otherwise it gets too hard to find the pic im looking for..

mbark Posted 26 May 2010 , 2:32am
post #8 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmummy

too many! lol. it would be great to have a way to organise them though! make things much easier, i have to restrain my self these days because otherwise it gets too hard to find the pic im looking for..

I know, that's what's frustrating is trying to find one when you have a lot of pages. I try to go through & delete older ones I've saved that may not inspire me anymore, or after I make a cake using inspiration from another photo I'll comment with a "thanks, your fabulous design really inspired my most recent cake", or something to that effect & then delete it. It would be great if there were some way to organize them!

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 26 May 2010 , 2:34am
post #9 of 35

yeah the problem with me is that i use a whole lot of pictures for inspiration, and then it takes way too much time to go through and delete them all! ahh, i think i may have to start a file on my desktop.. but then i feel bad, because i love when someone favourites one of my pictures! lol, the dilemma!

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 26 May 2010 , 2:37am
post #10 of 35

I don't have that many because I usually erase them once I make the cake I wanted. There are Soooo many beautiful cakes out there. I wish there was an option to be able to organize them by theme.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 26 May 2010 , 3:14am
post #11 of 35

I have about 200 pages of "favorites". icon_lol.gif

mpetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpetty Posted 26 May 2010 , 3:31am
post #12 of 35

LOL, and here I thought I was losing control with 29!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 26 May 2010 , 3:50am
post #13 of 35

I only have 7 but I guess I'm really choosy about what I save....

I usually save cakes that are either perfect in an unreal way...or if there is an interesting technique I want to save for later use...or maybe an interesting design that I might need for later inspiration.

Sometimes though I have NOT saved a cake, that later I remember and want to see again, and its almost impossible to find a specific cake through a search. haha.

mbark Posted 26 May 2010 , 4:13am
post #14 of 35

wow Kita, I'd love to know which 7...

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 26 May 2010 , 4:59am
post #15 of 35

I have almost a page and a half.

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:48am
post #16 of 35

I must have over 200 pages
I copy and paste to word documents and have categorized them by
1.-Boys baby shower cakes
2.- girls baby shower cakes
3.- wedding cakes (folder)
a.- with flowers
b.- ribbons
c.- 2 tier
d.- 3 tier or more
4.- birthday cakes (folder)
a.- boys
A.- girls
5.- theame cake(folder)
a.-musical
b.-sport
c.-books
6.- special events (folder)
a,- mothers days
a.- valentines
7.- all ocassion cakes

You can also open a folder for particular decorators work and sub categorize

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 26 May 2010 , 11:50am
post #17 of 35

I'm with soledad--I too save them to a picture file on my computer--then can make folders--my folders are:graduation, patriotic, children, borders/sides, techniques, flowers/girlie, men, children, cookies, cupcakes and minis, holidays, and "specific person. I also "name" them if there is a particular reason I'm saving i.e. mom, pearl border etc.
I also put some in my favorites if the poster has included info on making the cake.
Oh, and I have one whole flash drive that's just cakes. Yikes!!

Kitagrl Posted 26 May 2010 , 12:25pm
post #18 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbark

Seven pages. haha.

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 26 May 2010 , 3:16pm
post #19 of 35

I have 59!

mbark Posted 26 May 2010 , 3:39pm
post #20 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Quote:

Seven pages. haha.

LOL I was thinking it was 7 photos, like wow she's really selective!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Kitagrl Posted 26 May 2010 , 3:50pm
post #21 of 35
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Quote:

Seven pages. haha.

LOL I was thinking it was 7 photos, like wow she's really selective!
icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL not THAT selective. There's WAY too much talent on here to keep it that low!

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 26 May 2010 , 4:21pm
post #22 of 35

I have 72 pages and I desperately need to organize them. Today I'm looking for a baby shower cake that I saved a long time ago, and for the life of me I can't find it. If I want a certain kind of design I try to go through my faves and put all the ones that interest me for that cake in a Word document, along with the decorators username, so I can give credit, but I like the idea of organizing everything by theme. Maybe I wouldn't feel like I'm losing my mind on a day like today, when I have a particular one in mind and just can't put my finger on it!

I save stuff every day, so the file is growing by leaps and bounds. Some days it seems like every cake you see is just gorgeous and you don't want to forget it.

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 26 May 2010 , 4:31pm
post #23 of 35

I have 27 pages and still add almost every day. A side note....please leave a comment when you save a cake out of courtesy to the decorator.

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 26 May 2010 , 4:41pm
post #24 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnagardner

I have 27 pages and still add almost every day. A side note....please leave a comment when you save a cake out of courtesy to the decorator.

I'm humbled by the view alone, I don't need a forced pat on the back too.

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 27 May 2010 , 3:05am
post #25 of 35

Wow I feel better now...i thought 19 was alot icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 May 2010 , 3:27am
post #26 of 35

Looks like my measly 52 pages is low, while at the same time quite high. =o)

dm321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dm321 Posted 27 May 2010 , 3:35am
post #27 of 35

ok, so i've been a cc member for only about a month... and recently started having anxiety because i have 10 pages of saved photos and have been wondering when i'd get some kind of message saying, "hey, slow down... stop stealing other peoples cakes and get your own ideas!" It's good to know that there are people out there with 200 pages... guess i'm not in jeopordy yet! icon_rolleyes.gif

thanks for all the inspiration, cakers!
diem

mbark Posted 27 May 2010 , 3:39am
post #28 of 35

I have 10 too but find it time consuming to go through & search for a photo I know I saved- can't imagine doing that if I had 100 pages!
And Minstrelmiss just because you get a view of your photo, I wouldn't necessarily take that as a compliment, sometimes I look at photos & think yikes that's a mess. It is nice to get photo comments, especially when someone takes the time to be thoughtful or insightful about your cake. Just my two cents!

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 27 May 2010 , 5:07am
post #29 of 35

I have a mere 15 pages...And it's kind of funny, you can tell what season it was when I saved them all as there are big 'bunches' of Halloween, X-Mas, Valentines etc all together. I wish I had enough time to go through ALL the pics on this website...as if I don't spend ENOUGH time on here!!

mbark Posted 27 May 2010 , 3:20pm
post #30 of 35

ok totally off subject, but I finally figured out how to resize a photo for my avatar, no more smiley face with a little purple nurse hat LOL
see?
<----------

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%