Wedding Cupcakes

Baking By mj812 Updated 28 May 2010 , 12:14pm by KHalstead

mj812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mj812 Posted 25 May 2010 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 7

What's the best way to keep uniced cupcakes the freshest possible over night? I have plastic containers that I put them in the fridge and then I ice them the day of the wedding. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks!!

6 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 May 2010 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 7

The fridge actually dries cake out.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 25 May 2010 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 7

I put mine in a plastic case I can cover tightly and then just leave them on the counter. I have some that have been here for 3 days now, still moist.

amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 25 May 2010 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 7

don't refrigerate. but if it's longer than a day or two, i would freeze in a ziploc. Defrost in the bag at room temp.

bakescupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakescupcakes Posted 28 May 2010 , 11:53am
post #5 of 7

I definately agree with freezing. I freeze mine in freezer bags. They can be frozen for a few weeks. You could spend the week before the wedding making and freezing. And defrost them the morning of wedding. It also depends on what recipe you're using. A vanilla or chocolate butter cake I think definately needs to be frozen on day of baking, to keep freshness. But a white choc or dark choc mud cupcake actually tastes better the next day, especially dark choc mud. I've only done one wedding so far (but have made loads of cupcakes for other occassions) and I made dark choc mud cupcakes the week before, froze and then two days before the wedding I defrosted and started decorating them. The recipe I used (choc brownie cupcakes)does last for 1 week so I knew they would taste the same 2 -3 day later.

flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 28 May 2010 , 12:13pm
post #6 of 7

I agree with freezing, too. Gallon size freezer bags are the perfect size for 12 cupcakes. I put them in my cupcake boxes, and ice them in the boxes while still frozen. Let them thoroughly thaw if you're going to put any fondant decorations on them. Then they are just covered with the lid of the box up to overnight.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 May 2010 , 12:14pm
post #7 of 7

if you're only leaving them out for a day before decorating, I just line them all up side by side on sheet pans and cover the whole thing in plastic wrap

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%