Any Idea

Decorating By julitre1 Updated 1 Jun 2010 , 2:54am by all4cake

julitre1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julitre1 Posted 25 May 2010 , 3:40am
post #1 of 11

I'm going to be advertising my cakes at a local fair type event next weekend, June 5th. The point of this is just to let people know that I exist so I want a really great display. I need some ideas for an awesome 3D cake and then I'm also going to do a "cake dummy" wedding cake. Any idea is welcome....I'm just not sure if I should go with a children's theme or..basically I just don't know. TIA icon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
Mamatoboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamatoboys Posted 25 May 2010 , 4:15am
post #2 of 11

Ask yourself who is your "target" customer. If you want to do children's b-day cakes, I'd make a cartoon character. I'm not sure what an adult theme would be icon_smile.gif Maybe a race car?? That could work for either adults or children. Just an idea! Good Luck!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 25 May 2010 , 4:25am
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoboys

Ask yourself who is your "target" customer. If you want to do children's b-day cakes, I'd make a cartoon character.

If you go the cartoon route, just make sure that whatever you make isn't copyrighted. Otherwise someone will see it and want you to make it for them.

jcstefanick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jcstefanick Posted 25 May 2010 , 4:53am
post #4 of 11

The 3D cakes that I have made that get the most comments and people seem to remember the most are the Hershey Kiss cake, the flower pot cake, the box of chocolates Valentine's cake and the burger & fries cupcakes. The Hershey Kiss cake was super easy to make and is always a big hit, so that would be my recommendation. Good luck!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 25 May 2010 , 12:47pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcstefanick

The Hershey Kiss cake was super easy to make and is always a big hit, so that would be my recommendation.

Don't use the Hershey name on it though. Then you're getting into more copyright infringement. I also don't know if there shape is actually copyrighted/protected, that would be an interesting one to find out.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:09pm
post #6 of 11

You may get more responses if you expanded on your topic title. The title Any idea is so vague people may not bother to open it. I know I almost didn't. I have nothing to offer as advice either. But if you were more concise in your topic title others with the experience you are looking to tap may be able to help you.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 25 May 2010 , 1:23pm
post #7 of 11

How about an animal...dog, elephant...for the 3D piece...it's generic...it can be for an adult or child

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:13pm
post #8 of 11

don't know where you live but if you are an AG area make a tractor or a big bale of hay.... icon_biggrin.gif or whatever your region is known for (grapes, citrus, cheese, sheep)

julitre1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julitre1 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 1:19am
post #9 of 11

Thank you. LOL on the vague topic idea, I didn't even think about that. Ha ha. I'm laughing at myself. My sister suggested a summer theme, so I think I'm gonna do a sand pail and shovel with flip-flops and sunglasses. Hmmm, hopefully what's in my head will end up as cake. ; )

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 2:52am
post #10 of 11

How about a 3-D college theme? I live in AR and Razorbacks are really popular here.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 1 Jun 2010 , 2:54am
post #11 of 11

I hope you post here so we can all see the final design!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%