My First Big Wedding Cake!

Decorating By Chippi Updated 24 May 2010 , 10:16pm by blissfulcakes

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 24 May 2010 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 5

I didn't realize how big this cake job was going to be til I was right in the middle of it! But, I enjoyed doing every minute of it from making all the gumpaste flowers to making the wedges in between ea. layer. After delivering this cake to my girlfriends house, to find out she didn't have air conditioning, it was one of those homes that are self sufficient. It was 79* when we arrived. Within 1 hour the sanding sugar on the 2 tiers started melting then the fondant. Adding an extra dowel kept this cake from toppleing! It also ruined the look to some degree. Being my first big cake I was sadden but nothing I could do. I worked so hard to make ea. tier perfect filling, covering etc. I transported ea. tier individually because it was way out in the country. If I knew she didn't have air, I would have filled ea. cake with an ice pack!!! lol Anyways here it is appreciate your comments being my first big wedding cake. Please give me feedback I really enjoy this and want to do better next time.

Well it is not letting me attach it icon_sad.gif but it's in my profile. Here is a link.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1683328

Thanks CC'ers and God Bless,
Chippi!

4 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 24 May 2010 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 5

Looks great and I love the way you did the cakeboard. thumbs_up.gif

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 24 May 2010 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 5

I looked at the picture and it looks beautiful to me, you did an excellent job! princess.gif

NJCakeDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NJCakeDiva Posted 24 May 2010 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 5

Congratulations on your first wedding cake! You did a awesome job. icon_wink.gif

blissfulcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blissfulcakes Posted 24 May 2010 , 10:16pm
post #5 of 5

wow! great job!! i really love the look of it. icon_smile.gif i have my big chance at creating a wedding cake too! it's in july and i'm kind of worried. don't get me wrong, i'm really excited but i still do have a ton of questions! Just wondering, how do you know exactly how much fondant to use when you cover your cakes? Can you give me any tips. Thanks!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%