Easy Flowers- Help!

Decorating By rkei Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 10:20pm by rkei

rkei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkei Posted 22 May 2010 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 5

I love making flowers, but nearly all of them turn out ew and bleck. I would appreciate any advice on how to make them, pictures would help, too. Also, does anyone know how to do a reverse rose? I used to make GREAT roses, but now, I can't get a base, and my petals break, or are really jagged on the top. What's going on? Love Cake Central, and would love any advice! Thanks!

~Rachel~

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 May 2010 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 5

Rylan has collected tons of flower tutorials:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-654803-.html

HTH

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 May 2010 , 11:41pm
post #3 of 5

.........petals break, or are really jagged on the top. What's going on? .......

You must be using b'cream. It is too stiff. Try adding just a tablespoon more shortening. You don't want to thin it down, you want it creamier.

It would help us to know what flowers and what icing your are trying to use.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 23 May 2010 , 12:01am
post #4 of 5

i,m sorry, are you calling a reverse rose , a b/c rose for a left hander? i am right handed and teach that way, but can do a b/c rose with my left hand also. let us know more of what you need.

rkei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkei Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 5

@kakeladi: Thank you! I always tried to thin it, but then my roses always just melted. Didn't know I needed to make it creamier. Thank you so much! Yes, I am using Buttercream. the flower that the petals always break on is the rose. I just use a flower nail and tip 104, and tried to use 102 to see if it would work better. Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%