Edible Image?

Decorating By khasbargen Updated 24 May 2010 , 12:31am by icingimages

khasbargen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khasbargen Posted 18 May 2010 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 8

So I have a request for putting a picture on a graduation cake. Does anyone know where to start going about that? I called our local Cake and Candy World and she was not much help. Just told me that the grocery stores do it, but you have to order the cake from them too. Is there a website that is trustworthy that I can go to and order something?

I have 1 1/2 weeks! The order just came in yesterday! Thanks!!

7 replies
Maureen76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maureen76 Posted 18 May 2010 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 8

Debbie @ icing images can help you!!! icon_lol.gif Check out their site-www.icingimages.com I don't know where you live, but they are in VA., and when I order from them I get my supplies in two days. They are extremely helpful! thumbs_up.gif

ramie7224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramie7224 Posted 18 May 2010 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 8

You don't have to order a cake if you get the image from Wal-Mart's bakery. The last time I called they said the image will be the same size as whatever you give them and they print them for $6. Give your local Wal-Mart bakery a call and see what they say.

princesscatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscatt Posted 19 May 2010 , 12:25am
post #4 of 8

I have used http://homemadecookiesandfudge.net several times, she's reasonable, reliable and very helpful!! Good luck!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 19 May 2010 , 1:36am
post #5 of 8

Most grocery store bakeries will do the image for you whether you buy the cake from them or not. The photo cannot be done by a professional photog though, unless you have a written release from the photog to use it.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 21 May 2010 , 10:30am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen76

Debbie @ icing images can help you!!! icon_lol.gif Check out their site-www.icingimages.com I don't know where you live, but they are in VA., and when I order from them I get my supplies in two days. They are extremely helpful! thumbs_up.gif

Thanks Maureen:
We will be glad to help, but also, for CC'ers only, if you send me your zip code, I can see if there is any of our local customers there who can print for you.

khasbargen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khasbargen Posted 23 May 2010 , 6:27pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks guys!! My zip code is 56514. This week has been a busy one with grad cakes! So much fun!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 24 May 2010 , 12:31am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by khasbargen

Thanks guys!! My zip code is 56514. This week has been a busy one with grad cakes! So much fun!

Hi,
I just emailed one of the customers out in that zip code, or close to it, I am waiting to hear back to be sure I can give her your info.
I will let you know.
Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%