May You Please Look At These Cake Pans And Answer Something.

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 18 May 2010 , 7:34pm by jammjenks

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 18 May 2010 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 11

Hi all!

Can you please take a look at the attached pictures. They are of my Magic Line 10 x 2 inch round cake pans. I would like to cook them together as shown. However, I am not sure if there is enough space between them to cook properly?

Can you please look and tell me if they will cook together fine or not?

Also, how long do you think it will take for both of them to cook? I normally bake at 325 and use flower nails as a heating core.

Thank you in advance!
LL
LL

10 replies
Hillywu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hillywu Posted 18 May 2010 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 11

I've baked pans that close together before and they've done okay. As for time, not sure on that. I just keep baking until they're done. icon_wink.gif Maybe an hour or so?

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 18 May 2010 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 11

I rotate the pans part way through the cooking time. It works fine.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 18 May 2010 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 11

I've actually baked THREE 8" round pans on one rack before (just last week in fact) and they baked up great. Your two pans should be fine.

If you normally bake at 325 and your cakes turn out well these will be OK.

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 18 May 2010 , 6:10pm
post #5 of 11

I've baked those sizes on the same rack before, without a flower nail, at 325 deg. for approx. 40-45 min. and they have come out fine.

ebredhawk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebredhawk Posted 18 May 2010 , 6:12pm
post #6 of 11

if you couldn't bake like this, i would never get anything done!! icon_smile.gif

you will be more than fine. just keep the temperature at 325 and like carmijok recommended, rotate them about 1/2 way through just to make sure they bake even. you can use the flower nail if you want, but i don't think it's necessary!

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 18 May 2010 , 6:13pm
post #7 of 11

I would take out the top and bottom rack and bake on middle rack only. It waste energy to heat unused racks - plus the heat surrounds just the pans.

I back my cakes side by side without a problem. You can get a rose nail and insert in the middle of your batter and this will help heat evenly and prevent cracking. (that is one nail per pan)

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 18 May 2010 , 6:18pm
post #8 of 11

I agree about baking in the center rack. I don't see a need to rotate the pans, but if you want to I'm sure it will be fine. It'll probably take about an hour.

miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 18 May 2010 , 6:27pm
post #9 of 11

Unless you are aware of consistent hot or cold spots in your oven, I probably wouldn't rotate the pans. Your oven temp will drop significantly in the amount of time it takes to rotate. Maintaining a more consistent oven temp will lead to cakes that bake more evenly.

However, if you know of hot/cold spots you may need to.

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 18 May 2010 , 7:26pm
post #10 of 11

Thank you everyone!

I am not aware of any hot or cold spots in my oven. I to think that if I open to rotate the pans it might change the temp to much. I am going to do it like this then!! =)

Thank you again!

I love this site!!!!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 18 May 2010 , 7:34pm
post #11 of 11

I bake with my pans touching each other AND the sides of the oven all the time. Heck, when I make a pregnant belly cake, I sit the 1/2 soccer ball pan on one of the cavaties of the mini ball pan to bake. Can't make them get any closer than that!

Cakes are not really as fragile as we sometimes make them out to be.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%