Cricut Cake And Cutting Paper

Decorating By bambuf Updated 18 May 2010 , 2:47pm by rosiecast

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 17 May 2010 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 4

Hey there friends. It has been a while since I have posted here, but I was hoping there might be someone among you fabulous cakers who could answer a question for me. icon_smile.gif I just got the new Cricut Cake Machine. (I love it, btw.) I have never owned a Cricut machine before this one, and was wondering what do I need to do to cut paper with it? I bought the deep cut housing and blade, as was recommended on a website somewhere, but was wondering what do I use to stick the paper to the mat? It cuts well with the cutter but taping it on the edges of the paper to the mat doesn't hold it well enough for the intricate middle cuts. So, I wondered what I might need to do to fix this. Thank you so much for taking the time, and I apologize if I have posted in the wrong forum. icon_smile.gif Happy Caking (and paper cutting!), friends!

Bambuf

3 replies
tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 17 May 2010 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 4

Cricut makes sticky mats for paper. Just don't use separate mats and blades for paper vs. food.

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 17 May 2010 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the quick reply. Go figure that I need to go buy one more thing for it. LOL And no worries, I won't cross use the blades or mats for paper and cake stuff icon_smile.gif

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 18 May 2010 , 2:47pm
post #4 of 4

bambuf, you won't get confused since the regular, sticky mats are green.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%