Mmf

Baking By linda9588 Updated 15 May 2010 , 4:44pm by myersark

linda9588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda9588 Posted 15 May 2010 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 6

the recipe saids to use 16oz of big marshmallows but i only have small marshmallows so how much of small marshmallows do i use please help i need to make it today thanks

5 replies
SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 15 May 2010 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 6

they mean small marshmellows when they 16 oz. I have never been able to find mini's in 16 oz. you have to use 1 whole bag plus half of another. or if you have a food scale weigh them out to 16 oz.

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 15 May 2010 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 6

Linda, I have made the MMF with just the 10oz bag of mini marshmallows and it works fine. No adjustments were needed. The only thing is you wont use the entire 2lbs of PS as your blending it in.

linda9588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda9588 Posted 15 May 2010 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 6

i have a big bag of small marshmallows from bjs warehouse so i need to know how many cups do i have to use

myersark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myersark Posted 15 May 2010 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 6

The recipe I use calls for 1 cup of marshmallows, packed tightly to make the cup. I use a glass measuring cup (usually a 2 cup one). I add a tablespoon or two of water, then microwave it for about 30 seconds at a time, until it's a melted goo. (Watch out! It's HOT!) Then, I use a round glass casserole dish to mix it and the powdered sugar in (I use a spoon to start stirring it). It takes about 1 1/2 cups or maybe a bit more of powdered sugar. I stir in a bit of powdered sugar at a time, until it gets kind of like bread dough. I then start using my hands to knead it in the bottom of the dish. I'll add more powdered sugar as I need it, until I get to the consistency I want. My husband likes it much better than the pre-packaged fondant.

myersark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myersark Posted 15 May 2010 , 4:44pm
post #6 of 6

In response to the above question, I would think 16 oz of regular or mini marshmallows would still be the same amount, when melted down, as that is the weight of the product, not the volume. I use mini marshmallows, though, as they seem to melt quicker and are easier to stir. =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%