Birthday/grad Cake! Ideas Needed!!:)

Decorating By Jessi83 Updated 13 May 2010 , 1:38am by Jessi83

Jessi83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jessi83 Posted 12 May 2010 , 3:51pm
post #1 of 4

I'm making a cake for a friend. She just wants something "simple". It needs to incorporate her husband graduating from college, her mother-in-law getting some "Outstanding Alumni" award, and her father-in-law's 60th birthday. Yup, all of that. Still trying to wrap my head around that!! LOL. Any ideas/suggestions on how to incorporate that would be appreciated. Oh, it will be for a 9x13 sheet cake. Thanks!!

3 replies
Alfiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alfiesmom Posted 12 May 2010 , 4:29pm
post #2 of 4

i was going to suggest 3 cakes, but after you said sheet cake I remebered seeing this here recently. maybe something like this. or if you're really creative, there's a newspaper cake in the Graduation gallery (around p.4) that could announce all the events
LL

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 12 May 2010 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 4

A simple but elegant idea to incorporate all is to do a photo cake. Put a photo cake, with a border, around each recipient, one in each corner or off-set, perhaps a size 4x5 or a 5x5". You could build up the icing under the photo, to give the overall cake more height, raise up the pix a bit. It would look nice, give each person a "moment to call their own", and fit all on one big cake.

That's my2-cents for whatever its worth! icon_biggrin.gif

Jessi83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jessi83 Posted 13 May 2010 , 1:38am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the ideas! I love the idea of the newspaper. I don't have a way/know how to do the edible picture/images, but I think I can figure something out! Thanks so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%