Design Help, Please:)

Decorating By kellie0406 Updated 12 May 2010 , 3:18pm by kellie0406

kellie0406 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellie0406 Posted 11 May 2010 , 1:40pm
post #1 of 4

Thought I posted this a couple days ago, but never got replies & can't find it, forgive me if it's a duplicate. My friend's daughter is graduating high school. She wants a graduation cake that incorporates her love of competitive swimming and the college she is going to attend. Any design ideas? Cake only needs to feed 25 people.

3 replies
regymusic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
regymusic Posted 11 May 2010 , 1:56pm
post #2 of 4

Since it only needs to feed 25, I would go with a newspaper cake. It can tell what ever story you want, and you could have some props on top. Examples of props could be a swimming medal, a scroll, a grad cap, etc. You get the idea.

amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 11 May 2010 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 4

How about something with goggles and a swim cap. Put the college colors and logo on the swim cap. Here's a pic that gave me the idea:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/l.thumbs.canstockphoto.com/canstock0186102.jpg

kellie0406 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellie0406 Posted 12 May 2010 , 3:18pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much for your help! I didn't even think of the swim medal, cap, etc. I may make the entire cake the cap, then place diploma, swim stuff, and Bucknell University around it on a cake board. Originally I planned on using the half ball pan for a smaller cap, any know how it would look if I used a 9" round instead?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%