Corset Cakes

Decorating By Arieyane Updated 13 May 2010 , 4:07pm by Arieyane

Arieyane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arieyane Posted 11 May 2010 , 5:15am
post #1 of 11

you know the corset cakes with the 3D breasts, How do you make the breasts? Extreme Detail please! Thanks.

10 replies
ChoueiriCakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChoueiriCakeCo Posted 11 May 2010 , 10:58am
post #2 of 11
808hedda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
808hedda Posted 11 May 2010 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 11

I used the sports ball pan for the breasts. Don't space them too closely or it doesn't look right. You can check out my leopard print cake in my photos. Fun to make! icon_biggrin.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 11 May 2010 , 9:34pm
post #4 of 11

There is a section on this board for naughty cakes, I bet you will find all kinds of answers there. icon_smile.gif

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 11 May 2010 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 11

I've had 2 requests for corset cakes and both cakes had the checks bounce! Those will be my last... But, I do use the sports ball pan, too.

mykidscakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mykidscakemaker Posted 11 May 2010 , 10:37pm
post #6 of 11

I've made one. For the breasts I baked two small cakes in ramekins (glass custard cups.) I baked a 9x13 for the 'body' and then added the ramekin 'breasts' and carved them to round them out. Then threw a layer of icing over everything. Like a PP said, don't put them too close together, it looks weird icon_smile.gif

There's a photo in my album if you want to look.

DamarisC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DamarisC Posted 12 May 2010 , 1:09am
post #7 of 11

I used small 3" round cake pans, i filled the batter up a lil over half way then baked them so the top domed really nicley. Then i just used the 'dome' part for the boobs, and i do agree with the rest, place them a lil separated! I also have a pic in my profile if you wish to see : )

CHoxie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CHoxie Posted 12 May 2010 , 2:16pm
post #8 of 11

I have created 2 different "Torso" cakes. One a Red Corset http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1343301
and the other a Cheerleader (available in my pics). I used to small ceramic bowls to create the breasts. I leveled them to make sure they were close to the same size. I use a 18x12 pan and trimmed to look like a torso. (I have created a pattern out of cardboard that I used for these cakes, that way they are equal)

I mounted the breasts near the neck line, then cover in BC to fill in any gaps. Smooth with a roller. I covered the 2 cakes in several pieces, instead of trying to use 1 sheet. (Easier to work with) For the cheerleader, I did push the fondant covered breasts together, to give it a "push-up bra" look, otherwise try to make it look natural. Adding nipples to the breasts also gives it a more natural appearance, but not required.

The rest of the body is up to you. Cover in the corset of your dreams, but most of all, have fun.

Arieyane Posted 13 May 2010 , 3:43pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks everyone for your help. Great ideas. icon_biggrin.gif

iheartcupkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iheartcupkakes Posted 13 May 2010 , 4:03pm
post #10 of 11

my aunt used to use hostess snowballs, taking off the coconut and frosting of course.. i use the sports ball pans.. both work great

Arieyane Posted 13 May 2010 , 4:07pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartcupkakes

my aunt used to use hostess snowballs, taking off the coconut and frosting of course.. i use the sports ball pans.. both work great

Hostess snowballs! Awesome. may be my first try. thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%