Need Help W/ Mulit Generational Cake For Four!

Decorating By suzieQ929 Updated 12 May 2010 , 6:13pm by CBMom

suzieQ929 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzieQ929 Posted 10 May 2010 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 7

Okay, I was just asked to make a birthday cake for a father and his two children that all have the same birthday, along with grandpa whose birthday is two days before. Grandpa will be 70, dad 47, daughter 17, and son 6. I originally thought I would make them each their own little individual cakes w/ their favorite designs, but then was wondering if I made a tiered cake, how I would incorporate all those generations together???? Any ideas anyone? I would love the suggestions! Oh yeah, party will only be 15-17 people! Thanks icon_smile.gif

6 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 10 May 2010 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 7

how about a 6" square decorate a side for each person and put their name on the top edge that corresponds to their side - Dad - Grandpa - Boy1 - Boy2.

Hard to design a cake for 4 people that only serves 15 people - Good Luck!

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 10 May 2010 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakemkr

how about a 6" square decorate a side for each person and put their name on the top edge that corresponds to their side - Dad - Grandpa - Boy1 - Boy2.

Hard to design a cake for 4 people that only serves 15 people - Good Luck!

I totally agree with this solution. Each side has their own look and design and the top is Happy May Birthdays or something. Could be fun...but a lot of work! thumbs_up.gif

tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 10 May 2010 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 7

Is there something that they all have in common- like fishing or football or hockey? That way you would only have to do one theme for all of them. A cake for 15 people is pretty small to fit 4 different themes.

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 12 May 2010 , 2:33pm
post #5 of 7

What about something that uses the month they were born in. And maybe use the year each was born in around on each side.

suzieQ929 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzieQ929 Posted 12 May 2010 , 3:13pm
post #6 of 7

thank you all so much! I love the idea of using a square cake, one side for each person! I love square cakes too, but just never think of them before the rounds! Still new to all this icon_smile.gif Thanks again, I am using all of your ideas!

CBMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CBMom Posted 12 May 2010 , 6:13pm
post #7 of 7

A "Family Tree" cake...with "The Love of a Family is Life's Greatest Blessing"

"Family is the Link to Our Past, Bridge to Our Future"

Or...a Family Candles cake...cake with a tall fondant candle for grandpa, shorter one for dad...you get the idea...all candles in different colours...

Let us know what you pick! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%