Help! Please Now!

Decorating By KayMc Updated 8 May 2010 , 2:49am by icer101

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 8 May 2010 , 2:02am
post #1 of 8

I made a WASC cake and decorated it with Edna's cream cheese crusting buttercream. I decorated it with gum paste flowers and it's as done as it's gonna be. It's my very first cake, and I don't know what to do with it overnight. Do I put it in the fridge? How do I cover it for the fridge? Do I leave it on the counter? Will the gum paste flowers be soft by morning from their contact with the buttercream? Please, if anyone knows what I should do with this cake overnight, please let me know! Thanks in advance...

7 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 8 May 2010 , 2:19am
post #2 of 8

It should be refrigerated with cream cheese icing, however, the gumpaste flowers will probably melt. Is there someway to remove them and put the cake in the frig?

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 8 May 2010 , 2:24am
post #3 of 8

if the cake is due in the morning... I would leave it out in a air conditioned room... if it's due b the afternoon... then I would fridge it....

I had a huuuge cake due that did not fit in my fridge...so I place it right next to the A/C vent overnight and it was perfectly fine the next day...

hth

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 8 May 2010 , 2:26am
post #4 of 8

I've never had gumpaste flowers melt by putting them in the fridge....

DanaG21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaG21 Posted 8 May 2010 , 2:42am
post #5 of 8

If the gumpaste flowers are completely hard I don't think they will melt. However, you'll want to make sure the cake is in a box and not completely airtight. I only had problems when I stored something in my airtight cake carrier. No problem in a box.

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 8 May 2010 , 2:45am
post #6 of 8

Well, I have it in a box in the fridge. there was no lid for the box, so I taped Viva paper towels on for a lid. I am praying these gum paste flowers don't melt, but if they do, I'm screwed. I'm taking the cake to my mother in the morning.

I learned many things with my first cake. The first of which is that I really need a lot of practice, as I'm not very good. I know it's my first cake, and I haven't had lessons yet, but I really, really need lessons. icon_cry.gif

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 8 May 2010 , 2:48am
post #7 of 8

well.... u r doing exactly what u need to do in order to learn... and that's MAKE CAKES!! I know how hard it is a t the begining but it gets easier with every cake you do... keep up the good work and let us know tmo how the cake "woke up" lol

icon_smile.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 8 May 2010 , 2:49am
post #8 of 8

Your cake will be fine sitting out tonite. I put mine in a cake box. I usually put a peice of foil over top to close up gaps of box. This is my way of keeping air out for freshness. The room always cool. Been doing this for yrs. Don,t let this worry you. It will be fine. Sleep tight.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%