Teenage Son Caught Me With Vodka At 10Am

Decorating By Ren715 Updated 7 May 2010 , 8:07pm by linstead

Ren715 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ren715 Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:06am
post #1 of 9

I don't drink, so you can imagine my teenage sons reaction when he entered the kitchen this morning just in time to see me cracking open a bottle of Vodka. "Mom!" he cried, "It's 10am!!!!" I started laughing and told him I bought some cheap Vodka to mix with silver luster dust so I can paint on fondant. I explained to him why I'm using Vodka and how good it will look on the car cake I'm in the middle of making.

He looked at the bottle and asked me why it had our initials on it. Oh no, turns out I didn't open the cheap bottle but the expensive bottle my DH bought on our last cruise. Everyone's laughing now...except my DH.

8 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:22am
post #2 of 9

That's great! You'll be retelling this one a lot!

tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 7 May 2010 , 3:29am
post #3 of 9

LOL-- I was making cookies with a group of ladies from our band booster organization- I asked the host if she had any vodka- and she looked at me like I was CRAZY!

ksmith1012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ksmith1012 Posted 7 May 2010 , 4:26am
post #4 of 9

LOL

I ran out of my vodka the other morning while I was decorating. Luckily I wasn't in a huge rush- it would look pretty bad showing up at the State Liquor store in my PJ's for a big bottle of Absolut at 10 am on a Tuesday. icon_lol.gif

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 7 May 2010 , 12:14pm
post #5 of 9

I have a funny story about vodka too. I didn't have any, everyone here on cc was talking about how great it is to paint with. So I decided to get some. Went into the liquor store and picked up the smallest bottle I could find on the shelf. $6 or so. When I got to the checkout, I saw some very small bottles of vodka behind the cashier. I said to her, "I really just want one of those small bottles behind you, I am just going to use it to make cookies"

Cashier: icon_rolleyes.gif (like yeah, sure, you are going to use it for cookies)

Still have to laugh about it.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 7 May 2010 , 1:15pm
post #6 of 9

My DH and I take separate cars to church because I stay to teach the little kids' Sunday School class. Before he left, he poked his head in and asked if I needed anything from the store. Without thinking, I said, "Oh, yeah, get me a big bottle of vodka, please." All of the parents who were there signing in their kids just looked at me suspiciously . . .

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 7 May 2010 , 7:53pm
post #7 of 9

10 am and vodka makes me think of one thing

Bloody Marys icon_wink.gif

milly-mel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milly-mel Posted 7 May 2010 , 8:03pm
post #8 of 9

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
these are so funny!!!

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 7 May 2010 , 8:07pm
post #9 of 9

I am from CA and a couple of years ago when I was in Phoenix for the holidays I went to BevMo to buy some Everclear. Went to the check out with a couple of bottles (one for me and one for a friend) - I looked at the cashier and stupidly said "I am using these for cake decorating!" as if explaining why I was was buying the stuff would dispel any thoughts in the cashier's head that I was a cheap lush! He just looked at me and said "OK whatever you say!" Thankfully Everclear comes in the full size bottles and lasts forever so I don't have to do that again until maybe 2020 icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%