Coconut Cake Filling Ideas Please

Decorating By sugarlovemom Updated 11 May 2010 , 5:41pm by Tclanton

sugarlovemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlovemom Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 13

Good morning CC!! i need some of your ideas please... my brain is dry and i need to make a cake for my brother in law birthday and he likes coconut cakes.... wich i've never done one... any suggestions???
Thank you all for reading!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

12 replies
jewels710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels710 Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 13

I have an order for a coconut cake next week and the customer asked for pineapple filling. Guess its a family favorite of theirs as they have had it for years.

Someone else I know orders french vanilla bean filling.

You could also do a chocolate & almond filling (Think Almond Joy).

Just a couple ideas to get you started...

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 13

I can think of 3 that my family loves-lemon curd, key lime, pineapple (as in pina colada) all mixed with SMBC

sweetbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbn Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 13

I was just reading the custom flavors link and Chef_Stef mentioned she put a lime curd in her coconut cake. Maybe any type of citrus filling would be nice.

BeanCountingBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeanCountingBaker Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 13

For my daughter's birthday I did one tier of her cake coconut flavored. I have learned alot since then and I've been meaning to work on a better coconut recipe. What I've done in the past was to add about 1 cup of toasted coconut to a white cake mix with butter pecan extract added. I have sometimes replaced all or some of the oil with melted butter. I like butter and coconut flavors together. I think you could easily use a WASC recipe and replace the almond with coconut extract and add some coconut to the batter. I love the flavor of toasted coconut and I just add some to vanilla butter cream for a super easy filling.

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:48pm
post #6 of 13

I love anything coconut! My favorite coconut filling is very simple.... one 14 oz. bag of flaked coconut mixed with one can of sweetened condensed milk. Before stirring in the milk, I put the coconut in a food processor and chop it into smaller pieces. The texture is less stringy this way. This filling tastes exactly like the filling in an Almond Joy candy bar. I'm drooling just thinking about it. haha thumbs_up.gif

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 10 May 2010 , 6:07pm
post #7 of 13

Funny! I am doing a coconut cake this month as well. I plan on using pineapple for the filling - normal cake - toasted coconut on top - hersheys kisses in the center on the top. Pipe a border and then some type of decoration around the sides.

Any other suggestions?

CWIL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWIL Posted 10 May 2010 , 6:17pm
post #8 of 13

We're doing our first coconut cake this month also and I've decided on a raspberry filling - I think it will taste like a zinger (the hostess(I guess) cake).

donnella2045 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnella2045 Posted 10 May 2010 , 6:34pm
post #9 of 13

I did a lime cream cheese filling for a coconut cake this weekend. It got rave revues.

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 10 May 2010 , 6:53pm
post #10 of 13

I have made cocunut cake filled with mango curd and vanilla bean SMBC. VERY yummy!!

sugarlovemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlovemom Posted 11 May 2010 , 12:29pm
post #11 of 13

Hi Friends! i had such a busy weekend that didnt have the time to come here and thank u all for your help always appreciated it!!! i took pianocat sug of a pina colada cake.......... omg!!!! my husband said: " from now on you dont make any cake different than this one on this house!" everybody loved the cake..... for real it was the yummiest cake i've ever tried!! ( and i did it!!!!!!) i used rum and pina colada mix... so..... u guys figure how good it was!

MerlotCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerlotCook Posted 11 May 2010 , 1:34pm
post #12 of 13

I made a coconut cake for mother's day and used packaged strawberry filling. It was mighty tasty!

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 11 May 2010 , 5:41pm
post #13 of 13

Question for all of you. I made a previous post stating that I was going to make a cake with coconut and pineapple. I looked at the grocery store yesterday and couldnt locate pineapple preserves. I was going to use this as a filling - any ideas?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%