Awaiting An Order From Gsa.(Rant)

Decorating By Meagan84 Updated 23 Jun 2010 , 5:51pm by tarheelgirl

Meagan84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meagan84 Posted 5 May 2010 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 19

I ordered some sugarveil from GSA on April 26. I'm still waiting to get it. If you've ever ordered from them, you know that the shipping prices are a little high. It shipped the next day, but it has been floating around UPS ever since. Original delivery date was 5/3, then rescheduled to 5/5, and today I got an e-mail saying 5/10!!!! I know this isn't GSA's fault, UPS needs to get their rears in gear! When I pay $10 in shipping for one item, I expect to get it within 10 days or less!

Okay, I feel better now. Thanks CC for letting me vent!

18 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 5 May 2010 , 8:53pm
post #2 of 19

Sounds like UPS. Ive never had a problem with them. Try calling them and telling them the problem. I believe they will be more than helpful for you. Now if you call UPS, thats another story. They will give you the run around and basically tell you that they cant tell you anything nor will they want to try to help. Well thats atleast my experience in customer service for every time they lost or damaged a package. Its horrible.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 5 May 2010 , 8:56pm
post #3 of 19

Yeah, I'd definitely let GSA know. I've ordered from them numerous times with no problems so my money is on UPS having the problem. GSA would surely want to know there's a problem.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 5 May 2010 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 19

HA! UPS sucks! (no offense to any employees or spouses that are cc members of course!) I've had several terribly damaged packages delivered from them (think marked fragile but I WATCH the delivery guy throw it onto the porch) but the last one involved a chandalier I ordered. It took 3 weeks to get it to my city, and on the day it was to be delivered it said it needed to be inspected by customs? 2 more times it was to be delivered, and finally the tracking info said it was being returned to the sender because it was broken. Argh! Then, when it was returned I wasn't able to order another because the seller was no longer going to carry the same light. Call UPS, they should be able to help you... sorry this happened icon_sad.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 6 May 2010 , 12:16am
post #5 of 19

I feel your pain, Us postal service has lost about 15 orders I sent out in a 2 week period. No sign of them. Makes for unhappy customers for them to have to wait for me to re-ship them, and costs me $$. And Fed Ex delivered my supplies for the MD cake show to the wrong place!! ARGH on all of them!

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 6 May 2010 , 12:54am
post #6 of 19

Yep, sounds like a problem with UPS... they are notorious for losing packages, throwing packages like a football and so on...

We've received packages that had great big holes in them, like someone stuck their finger inside the box to see what they could pull out....
Had packages "thrown" on the porch.......packages left at the neighbors door.....what a mess.......
If your able to, complain to the BBB too...... and let GSA aware of the shipping problem.......

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 6 May 2010 , 1:57pm
post #7 of 19

This is definitely a UPS problem. However, it is VERY important that you call us to report the problem or we cannot take action to correct it. In the least, we can get a full refund on your UPS shipping if the package was diverted in error. Please call us whenever you have a UPS shipping problem. We are here to help you. Alan

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 6 May 2010 , 2:12pm
post #8 of 19

I think the flooding and bad weather in the midwest is hindering some shipping...I noticed on a FedEx website the other day that they were warning about shipping delays to certain areas due to the weather.

I know back this winter I had an item delayed like a whole week due to snow.

Annie1958 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie1958 Posted 15 May 2010 , 2:18pm
post #9 of 19

You should let Global Sugar Art know about it, I've ordered several times and have had no problems at all.

Meagan84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meagan84 Posted 15 May 2010 , 2:49pm
post #10 of 19

I did let GSA know about the problem. I have since received my package and Alan and the staff at GSA were great. They got me a full refund on my shipping. I will deffinately do business with them again.

11cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
11cupcakes Posted 15 May 2010 , 3:18pm
post #11 of 19

Great!

mrsc808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsc808 Posted 18 May 2010 , 4:15am
post #12 of 19

I've never had a problem with my orders and I only do USPS which gets to Honolulu extremely quickly. They are a lot faster than another website I order from.

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 24 May 2010 , 7:14pm
post #13 of 19

I have 3 English Mastiffs outside (each weighing in at around 200lbs!)...the UPS guy notoriously leaves packages on the steps under my garage! I have plenty of shelves under the garage where the packages could be put safely...but no...they just want my dogs to have a chew toy! I have even but a sign on the back door telling them where to leave the packages. icon_rolleyes.gif

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 25 May 2010 , 3:01pm
post #14 of 19

Off topic, but ChRiStY_71, I have a English Mastiff too, He weighs in at 215 lbs, don't you love them. LOL

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 26 May 2010 , 12:45pm
post #15 of 19

They are the sweetest babies in the world! icon_smile.gif

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 26 May 2010 , 1:03pm
post #16 of 19

Is there anyway you can change the title of your ''rant''??? It looks like you're blaming
GSA for this until one starts reading GSA is not at fault but that UPS is.
I've ordered from GSA ..... fast shipping and they're wonderful to deal with.
They get a 5 star rating from me!!! icon_smile.gif

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 5:26pm
post #17 of 19

Much appreciated Cake47. Sometimes the heading is really misleading but I am so glad you read to the end of the tread. Alan

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 5:34pm
post #18 of 19

Hi Alan ~ I still wish the title could have been changed so others would know right off
that you & your team aren't to blame in the least bit. Hopefully others will
read the entire thread and know you're a ''5 stars site'' to buy from!!! Joyce icon_smile.gif

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 5:51pm
post #19 of 19

I've never had issues with GSA! In fact, they ship SO quickly!! I've ordered on the weekend and received within the next couple of days. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Don't even get me started on Oasis.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%