Help!! Mmf Not Stretchy

Baking By MZ_G_FUNK Updated 5 May 2010 , 6:46am by sgodinez

MZ_G_FUNK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MZ_G_FUNK Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:25am
post #1 of 5

I RECENTLY MADE A FEW BATCHES OF MMF. THE LAST BATCH I MADE DIDNT COME OUT AS THE PREVIOUS ONES. THE FIRST ONES CAME OUT NICE AND PLIABLE. I DIDNT DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT TO THE LAST BATCH AND ITS NOT STRETCHY. I KNEADED IT BUT WHEN I STRETCH IT OUT IT BREAKS OFF RT AWAY. CAN THIS MMF BE SAVED? IF SO HOW OR WHAT CAN I DO? I WRAPPED IT AND PUT IT IN THE FRIDGE THINKING IT WILL GET BETTER. WAS THAT THE RT THING TO DO SINCE ITS NOT PLIABLE/STRETCHY?

4 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 4 May 2010 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 5

I think refrigerating it will only make it stiffer. You can knead in corn syrup, shortening, or glucose to help with pliability. You could add water, too; but that usually ends up a sticky mess for me.

This all depends on what recipe you used, of course.

MZ_G_FUNK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MZ_G_FUNK Posted 4 May 2010 , 2:24pm
post #3 of 5

I USED THE RECIPE THAT CALLS FOR POWDER SUGAR, MARSHMALLOWS, 2 TABLESPOONS OF H2O, AND CRISCO. I ADD A BIT A H20 AND YES I ENDED UP WITH SLIMY GOO IN MY HANDS LOL. I HAVE SOME LIGHT CORN SYRUP ILL TRY THAT. TY SOOOO MUCH FOR TAKING TIME TO HELP REALLY APPRECIATE IT thumbs_up.gif

SunshineSally Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SunshineSally Posted 5 May 2010 , 6:00am
post #4 of 5

Try adding some Wilton Glycerin. It works beautifully for me!

sgodinez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgodinez Posted 5 May 2010 , 6:46am
post #5 of 5

I always just pop mine in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to soften it when it's not stretchy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%