Stolen Pic Topic Removed.... Why?

Decorating By Somethin-Sweet Updated 4 May 2010 , 5:23am by JanH

Somethin-Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somethin-Sweet Posted 4 May 2010 , 3:37am
post #1 of 16

I just posted a new topic about stolen pictures.....Just wondering why it was removed????? I didnt post her website or her CC screen name on the post?

15 replies
rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 4 May 2010 , 3:58am
post #2 of 16

Maybe they moved it.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 4 May 2010 , 3:59am
post #3 of 16

That topic is a no-no here in cc fourms. thumbs_up.gif

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:00am
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

i understand why some members dont put pics of their cakes on this site

not that im one of them btw, my cakes suck

Somethin-Sweet Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:01am
post #5 of 16

Sorry...........I didnt know........... icon_redface.gif

mamawrobin Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:04am
post #6 of 16

I believe that it's because it only ends up being a negative, going nowhere thread. I'm sorry that this happened to you btw. Your cakes are amazing thumbs_up.gif

Somethin-Sweet Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:05am
post #7 of 16

Thanks mamawrobin! Obviously she thought so too! LOL!

mamawrobin Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:06am
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-A

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

i understand why some members dont put pics of their cakes on this site

not that im one of them btw, my cakes suck

icon_lol.gif You're too funny. Mine don't necessarily suck but I highly doubt that anyone would steal a photo of my cakes to claim it as their own.

JohnnyCakes1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:18am
post #9 of 16

I just truly don't understand why people do that! If it's to get praise from people on the Internet, I guess that would work. But if they use the pictures to promote their business, they won't be in business very long when people find out they can't PRODUCE the cakes in the pictures!! Do YOUR best work and be proud of it! Being praised for someone else's work really can't make you feel THAT good, can it?? Sheesh!

cakemom42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom42 Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:21am
post #10 of 16

Mark your pics in some way like having a business card on the cake when you take the pic.. this can prevent some of it..

Somethin-Sweet Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:23am
post #11 of 16

I guess that is truly the only solution to this problem. Its hard enough for me to find the time to post pictures, let alone edit them! I will just hafta make the time if I dont want this to happen again.

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:27am
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCakes1966

I just truly don't understand why people do that! If it's to get praise from people on the Internet, I guess that would work. But if they use the pictures to promote their business, they won't be in business very long when people find out they can't PRODUCE the cakes in the pictures!! Do YOUR best work and be proud of it! Being praised for someone else's work really can't make you feel THAT good, can it?? Sheesh!

What Johny said thumbs_up.gif

cakemom42 Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:30am
post #13 of 16

My DH use to water marks mine (there are a few without from back in the good ol trusting days).... but I made a pastillage business card & am using it for the new ones.... Something edible so it doesn't look out of place on the cake :0) But a regualr business card can be put on for the photo & quickly taken off for delivery.... Not fool proof though as the problem still rest with the client taking a pic & posting it somewhere..

Somethin-Sweet Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:33am
post #14 of 16

What a great idea cakemom42! No more editing to be done!!! Thanks so much!!! thumbs_up.gif

cakemom42 Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:21am
post #15 of 16

You are most welcome :0)

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:23am
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath

From this point forward Stolen Pic threads will be deleted immediately upon coming to the attention of a moderator.

These threads always turn nasty and end up doing more harm than good to the CC community.

Going forward, if you believe some site has stolen images from the CC gallery here are the appropriate steps to be taken:

1. If they are not your images, send a courtesy PM to the CC member who owns the photos and let them decide how to proceed. Do not contact the "accused offender" directly, you never know if the CC member gave permission for their photo to be used.

2. If it is your photo then there are a few options:
a. You should send a professional message to the site operator notifying them of the copyright infringement and ask for it to be removed within 48 hours.
b. if the photo remains up, you can forward the violation to ME and I can file a complaint via CC to the ISP, hosting company, and site operator.

These things need to be handled professionally and responsibly. When the mob gets going nothing positive comes out of it.

If you have questions about this policy please ask me via PM as this thread will not be open for comments.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-599423-.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%