How Do I Make My Own Topsy Turvy Cake Stand

Decorating By stacyd Updated 28 Apr 2010 , 1:44am by stacyd

stacyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyd Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 1:58am
post #1 of 8

Hello. I was wondering if anyone has made their own topsy turvy cake stand (like the one Bronwen Weber sells) and if so would they be willing to share how.

Or any cake stand actually! I have a coworker who is looking for projects and I figure I should keep him busy!

Thanks in advance for any help.
icon_lol.gif

7 replies
dm321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dm321 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 2:21am
post #2 of 8

stacyd - sorry i don't have an answer for you... actually i have a question of my own... I'm not familiar with Bronwen's stand. Do you have a link?

thanks! diem321

stacyd Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 2:39am
post #3 of 8

if you go to caljavaonline.com Then go to tools then cake study and you will find it.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 2:52am
post #4 of 8

Go to caljavaonline.com. Copy an image of the one you like. Print it out. Take it to your local Home Depot (or wherever) store and talk to the person who works in the plumbing/PVC pipe dept. They can probably figure out what each piece is. Don't be surprised at how expensive it might turn out to be.

stacyd Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 3:02am
post #5 of 8

I never thought of taking it to the home store. I will have to keep that in mind. Thank you. I will be disappointed if it is expensive! I don't think the $90 for the stand is a bad price I was just hoping the DIY version would be cheaper! lol

yummymummycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummycakes Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 9:00am
post #6 of 8

how on earth do you thread a cake onto that?
Do you bake the cake with a hole in it?
Just thread the covered cake over it?
And how do you not poke that through the side of the cake?
Does it come with instructions?
Does youtube have instructions? Might be easier to visualise.

Would love to buy one.....

bridge72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridge72 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 3:13pm
post #7 of 8

There has already been a thread on this exact topic and here's the link. HTH! http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-628805-0-days0-orderasc-.html

stacyd Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:44am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridge72

There has already been a thread on this exact topic and here's the link. HTH! http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-628805-0-days0-orderasc-.html

Thank you. I tried searching every way I could think of and would never have thought to call it a wacky cake! Thanks again for the link.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%