Baking Themed Bridal Shower Cake

Decorating By sarascakecreations Updated 28 Apr 2010 , 9:01pm by mama2_3

sarascakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarascakecreations Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone,

So I have a shower at the end of the month and the theme is baking. They suggested maybe a cookie jar cake but I'm nervous about it standing up and not leaning over.... should I put more than 1 cake board in between? And for those of you who use a center dowel do I need to somehow stick it through the bottom board too? I've never used center dowels.

Also... I have googled and searched on here for some baking theme cakes and can't really find anything good.... anyone know where I can look for some ideas and inspiration??

Sara

4 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 5

I did a search for "baker" and found some really cute ones!
Did you see these?
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 7:13pm
post #3 of 5

nice pics....

yeah u have to make sure the dowel goes through the cake boards... sharpen the tip with a pencil sharpener and then kinda screw the dowel when you hit each cake board... very simple...

good luck!

sarascakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarascakecreations Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:38am
post #4 of 5

thanks so much for all of the ideas! wow so many to chose from!

i also did a search for kitchen and found a few more... now i just have to pick lol

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:01pm
post #5 of 5

You could do several single-tier cakes. One is a pie, one is a stack of cookies, one is a loaf of bread, an empty up-side-down mixing bowl. Depending on how many you need. Then have fondant or gumpaste utensils scattered between them.

A timer, baker's hat, bag of flour or sugar.

If you just have one sheet cake to do, you could make it a bag of flour that is laying on it's side. Open at the top and spilling out onto the board.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%