How Do I Make A Monogram Cake Toppper?

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 24 Apr 2010 , 8:42pm by Sassy74

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 5

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before... but i cant seem to find what I'm looking for.

I want to learn how to make Letters/Numbers that i can stand on the top of a cake ...I'm just not sure structurally what to do...

Thanks as always!

4 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 9:18pm
post #2 of 5

The ones I use most often are basically fondant and tylose "snakes" that have been rolled and then shaped into the number/letter that you need. I think either insert wire, a toothpick or thin skewer into the bottoms and then let them dry. You can make them out of gumpaste if you need them to dry very quickly. HTH

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 11:05am
post #3 of 5

You can also use chocolate....You would it into the design or shape or number or letter you want...Or you could get a chocolate mold in the size you want...Just put a lollipop stick into the mold before pouring the chocolate and you'll be set.

Paul

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 11:41am
post #4 of 5

can also do ones like this........just cut aluminum w/ rhinestones glued on, simple but works!
LL

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 8:42pm
post #5 of 5

Do you want one out of fondant/gumpaste, or non-edible materials like the one Khalstead posted?

If you want one out of fondant, you can color your fondant and knead in a good amount of tylose powder. Let it sit for about 5 minutes covered tightly. Use any font you want and make a template on cardstock on your computer. Roll your fondant out thickly (at least 1/4 inch). Rub a little shortening onto your template to make it adhere to the fondant, and place it on top of the fondant. Use a new blade in your exacto, and cut out your letter carefully.

Let the letter air dry for SEVERAL days. I make mine at least a week in advance. You could prolly put it in a dehydrator on it's lowest setting for a couple of days to speed things up. When I'm ready to use it, I glue sucker sticks onto the back with white chocolate and insert it. Also, make at least one extra in case of breakage. HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%