Mexican Vanilla Black Bean Cake W/ Raspberry Filling...

Baking By Andrea_Mamie Updated 25 Apr 2010 , 12:32am by prterrell

Andrea_Mamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andrea_Mamie Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 3:43am
post #1 of 4

Just got a request from a friend for a Mexican Vanilla Black Bean cake with Raspberry filling. I dont even know where to start. I searched recipies and several of the forums on here, and didnt see anything. And I searched Google, and found nothing.

I asked her if she had a recipe, and she had it at a friends house. So no help from her.

Anybody ever heard of this? Or have a recipe that might be able to fit this?

3 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:26am
post #2 of 4

She probably means a vanilla bean cake where the tiny black seeds from the vanilla bean pods are visible in the cake (like in Breyer's natural vanilla ice cream). You can do this by substituting vanilla bean paste for the vanilla extract in any standard vanilla butter cake recipe. I cannot imagine a cake with actual frijos negros* (black beans) in it.

*Please forgive my Spanish.

Andrea_Mamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andrea_Mamie Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 4

Thats kind of what I was thinking, but I just wanted to make sure because it sounded so specific. Thanks alot!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 12:32am
post #4 of 4

Well, check with her first, just in case. But it honeslty sounds like someone asking for something with the terminology mixed up. A lot of people, especially those who are not cooks/bakers/foodies, are really prone to mixing up food names.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%