So Annoyed Today....(Rant)

Lounge By smokeysmokerton Updated 25 Apr 2010 , 12:00am by cheatize

smokeysmokerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smokeysmokerton Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 16

Do you ever just have those days when you feel like if someone even looks at you the wrong way you might blow one?

I was pissy when I woke up anyway, so of course today of all days the phone is ringing off the hook, I have a pile of work to do, and I'm so bloated that my pants, that are normally a little baggy, are cutting off the circulation in my thighs. As an added bonus, it's really humid today so my hair (which I took 20 minutes this morning to straighten) is getting bigger by the hour, and I wore sandals today and forgot to paint the toenails on my size 11 man-feet(its lumber jack or drag queen--I choose drag).

My computer is running SUPER slow(I'm typing this as I'm waiting for my business website to load) even though I JUST switched internet providers to get faster service icon_mad.gif. It's been like this all day which is really annoying when many of your contacts prefer email to phone calls(read: won't answer the phone). The true highlight of my day was when my mom told me she'd be seeing a new doctor....Dr. Dudee (Doo-dee).

So thank you, Dr. Dudee. If not for you(and the fact that I'm 12 and laugh at anything that has to do with poop), I might not have made it through this day icon_lol.gif

Whew! I actually feel a little better........... icon_biggrin.gif

15 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 16

Your post made me laugh. A friend of mine sees a doctor named Lipshitz. I've always found humor in that one.

Sorry that you've had "one of those days". Hopefully the rest of the day will be better icon_biggrin.gif

debbek152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbek152 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 16

You put a smile on my face. icon_biggrin.gif I also have those days and way too many of them. You have to find humor in some of it or you will go crazy. I am sorry your day is so bad. I hope tomorrow is much better icon_smile.gif .

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 10:37pm
post #4 of 16

Sorry to hear that it was a tough day and glad that you were able to find the humor in your Mom's new doctor. Here is to a much better tomorrow!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 16

That really made me laugh, you are too funny, I hope your bad days are few and far between. You sure made my day better.

smokeysmokerton Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 16

Thanks so much, guys. I was actually on the verge of a meltdown when I started this post, but after I got it all out I actually did feel much better. Plus I'm glad to know it's not just me icon_biggrin.gif

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 10:59pm
post #7 of 16

yep... i think we've all had a day where you just know you would kill someone if you were allowed to carry a firearm

thankfully ive found that chocolate has always been there for me when i have days like this

icon_smile.gif

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:37am
post #8 of 16

Other funny doctor's names I have seen:

As a child, I was taken to a GP: Dr. Hertz
My OB-Gyn: Dr. Beaver (seriously!)
Orthodontist in my community: Dr. Fang

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 2:56pm
post #9 of 16

Side note: have you cleaned your computer lately? The problem may not be with the Internet provider. When was the last time you cleared your history and cookies, ran a virus scan, etc....?

smokeysmokerton Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:16pm
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

Side note: have you cleaned your computer lately? The problem may not be with the Internet provider. When was the last time you cleared your history and cookies, ran a virus scan, etc....?

I use ccleaner daily and I have McAfee, plus it's every computer in the office, not just mine. We had a T1 line until recently and switched over to wireless and since then it's hit or miss. Some days it's fine and others it drags icon_confused.gif

cheatize Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 5:42pm
post #11 of 16

Cool. It's always worth asking because quite a few people don't do those kinds of things on a regular basis.

I'm into my own aggravating day over here. My sister was a no call/no show for a meeting to help her with her accounting class even though she set the date/time/place and now I cannot figure out the last answer to my own accounting homework. Plus, the cat has barfed on the floor.

Yeah, it's a stellar day across the land! LOL

smokeysmokerton Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 9:05pm
post #12 of 16

Ugh, don't ya hate when people do that? They're all "Hey, can you help me? I can be there at xx on xx...." then the bail. People really do suck sometimes, huh? icon_sad.gif

Oh well. Hope kitty's okay...

cheatize Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 12:30am
post #13 of 16

Kitty is fine, thanks! We call him, "Theo the Dispeptic Cat." I think he actually likes to puke. Thank goodness for carpet shampoo.

This isn't the first time she or other people have done this to me. Eh, whatever. It's her grade, not mine.

I hope your day got better!

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 8:29pm
post #14 of 16

Isn't it nice to know that on the worst days, we can come here...let it all out of our system...maybe make ourselves laugh in the process...and go on with our day. Many people should be thankful for this website...they could have been our victims...Just kidding lol. Oh by the way...Red Panda... the doctor's names cracked me up!

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 9:08pm
post #15 of 16

Oh you guys were just the tonic I needed lmao it must be a full moon or something cause I'm well p****d today too. Long story short I'm making my best frineds wedding cake next year - I'm a hobby baker so this is a big deal for me. Anyways all week I have been reading and tinkering and on Thursday I baked a scratch White cake for the first time ( usually yellow) but had to make cake flour since we don't have It in the uk also made White choc ganache for first time to try and get perfect edges on this practise cake and have spent over £40 on cAke books just to make sure it's the best it can be - the arrangement was I'd go over with the cake today so me my 2 kids and one beautifully ganached and fondant covered cake traipsed over and she wasn't even in, get this , when she finally sent a text to apologise coz she was so very sorry she said I'm at my mums you can come here instead if you like, which is a further drive not to mention it's now bath and bed time for my kids oh and the reason she wasn't in - I ended up going shopping with my mum and left my phone at home - yea coz that's what you do when you have arranged to see someone else who has been working their butt off making you a free cake besides her mum has mynumber in her phone so she still could have cancelled - aaaargh!

cheatize Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 12:00am
post #16 of 16

Oh, holy cow! I'd be steaming mad. I would be stomping, swearing, and vowing to let her eat grocery store for her wedding!

I hope you did go over to her mum's. I hope you took the cake home and...and...and...something. LMAO. I'm torn between destroying it by throwing it at a picture of her, eating it yourself, or putting it in the freezer and telling her now she gets to come to you. LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%