Guava Cake

Baking By Kahiwanani Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 11:39pm by Kahiwanani

Kahiwanani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahiwanani Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 4:37am
post #1 of 5

does anyone have a good guava cake recipe?? a friend of mine wants a guava cake for her wedding cake and i cant get one that is a nice color and strong flavor. also what type of filling would u use??

4 replies
cupcakeluv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeluv Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 10:35am
post #2 of 5

Have you tried with guava puree in a white butter cake? maby adding some coulour also?

I havent made guava cake yet, but I am thinking of making a mango cake and was thikning of useing mango puree in the cake instead of only juice.

and for the filling i will use only vanilla buttercreame, other fruits will overtake the guava/ mango taste.

hope this is of some help.

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 11:16am
post #3 of 5

I saw in FN challenge... one of the competitors was from Hawaii and he gave for his taasting a guava cake with guava filling... looked amazingly appetizing (sp?) He stated that the guava flavor on the cake needs to be subtle but the filling was sich and creamy and u could appreciate the guava flavor... they loved it...

I have made yellow cake with guava filling... and I love it! I love the guava taste... if u do findout, please share with us... I want to do a guava cake also...

the filling I use is the dawn sleeve fillings...

icon_smile.gif

jennywenny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennywenny Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 2:08pm
post #4 of 5

I used this chiffon cake recipe and used guava instead of the strawberry. It was very light and tasty, although you may find that a chiffon cake has a slightly different texture to what people are sometimes used to in the US.

http://userealbutter.com/2009/05/06/strawberry-chiffon-buttercream-cake-recipe/

If it gets blocked the search for use real butter strawberry chiffon cake

Guava doesnt have a very strong color though so you may choose to use a little color

Kahiwanani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahiwanani Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:39pm
post #5 of 5

thanks i will try some things out and let u guys know how it turns out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%