Made Whipped Cream Buttercream Today. Yum

Decorating By victoriacakery Updated 18 Apr 2010 , 6:11am by ceshell

victoriacakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victoriacakery Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 4

I really like it. It was not as greasy as I expected and not so sugary sweet. I doubled the batch and made in my 6 quart KA. Not alot of air bubbles as some have mentioned. I know the recipe says not to refrigerate (is that ever?or just for storage?) so I'm not. But I put a small bowl of it in the frig just to see what happens. I also mixed some raspberry icing fruit into a bit...very good! thumbs_up.gif
One question, has anyone tried this buttercream under fondant? I like to firm up my crumb coat in the frig before I cover with fondant and was wondering if anyone tried this?
Hope someone can answer my questions.
Thanks and take care.

3 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 4

What is the recipe you used?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 3:49am
post #3 of 4

Whipped Cream B/C:
(aka Charlotte's WCB/C.)

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2019/whipped-cream-buttercream-frosting

HTH

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 6:11am
post #4 of 4

Yes, I have used this under fondant twice now - here's a pic of a delightfully thick layer of it under my most recent fondant cake http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-673052-0.html (it's the cake at the bottom of the page). It firms up terrifically and like I said in the link I just provided, you can use a FULL layer of it, not just a crumb coat.

I've never understood why it says you cannot refrigerate it. I refrigerate it when I need to keep it around for a long time (because I use 1/2 butter 1/2 hi-ratio) and then let it come to room temp and rewhip. The last batch, I even froze the leftovers because I didn't know how long before I would need it again (and again, I used half butter so eventually spoilage would have been an issue, unlike with all shortening.) It was a small amount and I just let it return to room temp, rewhipped it with a hand mixer, and it went on a little mini cake just fine. It even smoothed pretty well!

I agree that I noticed substantially fewer air bubbles on a double batch. Then again I have a 5qt KA and it was so full of icing it was spilling out of my mixer icon_redface.gif.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%