Wow!!!! I Love This Stuff!!!

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 4:02pm by Loucinda

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 3:24pm
post #1 of 13

Made modeling chocolate this week for the first time. WOW WOW WOW... Why did it take me so long? This stuff is amazing!

Had to make knights and a horse for a castle cake. Wanted it all sturdy and not have creases in my sugar paste so I went with modeling chocolate around a wire frame. I'm a believer!!!

Here is my first attempt with this fantabulistic medium!!!

And here is a link to the finished cake:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1646172

I am so happy with how it turned out. THANK YOU MODELING CHOCOLATE!!!
LL
LL

12 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 13

Wow - cool! Great job- is that ALL modelling choc?!Did you use molds or do all of that free hand?Do you "paint" after?

I'll have to give it a try. What recipe did you use?
TIA icon_smile.gif

CakeInfatuation Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 3:38pm
post #3 of 13

The knights and the horse are modeling chocolate. The boy is fondant/gum paste. I twisted wire to use as a frame. I dusted the knights with silver and bronze pearl dust.

I googled how to make modeling chocolate and ehow came up first. I just used that recipe. Not really scientific but it did the job.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 13

some of the MOST amazing modelling I've ever seen!!!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 3:52pm
post #5 of 13

I have to agree. I made some modeling chocolate for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I loved the stuff. Great work btw thumbs_up.gif

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 8:20pm
post #6 of 13

WOW! Your work is great! This makes me want to try modeling chocolate!

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 8:45pm
post #7 of 13

I think I read somewhere that Mike McCary only uses modeling chocolate exclusively, even to cover his cakes. So it must be good stuff! You did a beautiful job with your figures!

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 8:50pm
post #8 of 13

GGGGiiiiiiiiiirrrlllll Lorraine would be so proud!!! great job!

CakeInfatuation Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 11:46pm
post #9 of 13

Thanks so much guys. If I could spend all my time just doing detail work and figures, I would. But... the whole cake needs to be baked, icing made, fondant made... etc... amazing how little time we have left for the fun part once we are finished with all the foundational stuff.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 12:26pm
post #10 of 13

ahem.............you could JUST do those.......I'm sure there are plenty of us on CC here that would pay to have figures like that (me included)

CakeInfatuation Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 12:48pm
post #11 of 13

hummmmmmm I'll have to think on that one... In the meantime... keep me in mind if you need something. We might be able to work something out. icon_wink.gif

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 12:50pm
post #12 of 13

You did an amazing job. they beautiful.

I love modeling chocolate. Did you make the white as well. I make it frequently and there is so much coco butter so i use new packing paper to wick away the grease so i don't end up with lumps of it in. Its a little more work but its worth it.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1647592 the dress part is made with white modeling chocolate and the leaves are as well. the bride from this party is a vegetarian and does not eat fondant because of the gelatin in it.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 4:02pm
post #13 of 13

WOW - that is the most amaing castle cake I have ever seen!! EXCELLENT work!! I agree, you could keep busy just making the figures for others on here!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%