Perfect Sugarshack Buttercream Finally!!!!!

Decorating By Bella-cakes Updated 28 Mar 2014 , 7:57pm by lcubed83

autumnsmom24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
autumnsmom24 Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 2:49am
post #121 of 126

I did it your way today and for the first time, this turned out perfect!!!  Seriously!  It was PERFECT!!  It was like spreading silk on my cake!  Thanks for the accurate measurements!!!!!

linnod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnod Posted 21 Mar 2014 , 7:46pm
post #122 of 126

Thank you for sharing your recipe. Because I will not use all of the butter cream all at once, can I freeze it and still have it work the same?

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 24 Mar 2014 , 11:02pm
post #123 of 126

Quote:

Originally Posted by linnod 

Thank you for sharing your recipe. Because I will not use all of the butter cream all at once, can I freeze it and still have it work the same?

Yes, I remember Sharon mentioned that you can freeze it, but you would have to re-mix when you thaw it out.

Good luck!

linnod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnod Posted 25 Mar 2014 , 12:52pm
post #124 of 126

I tried the recipe for the first time yesterday in my 5qt Kenmore mixer. WOW!!!! I LOVE IT. Although, I did make a big mess in my kitchen LOL, it was great. It was my first time trying Creme Bouquet and I  really enjoy the citrus flavor of it. Thank you Sharon :)

luv2cook44 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cook44 Posted 27 Mar 2014 , 9:46pm
post #125 of 126

Thank you!!! This recipe worked for me.

lcubed83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcubed83 Posted 28 Mar 2014 , 7:57pm
post #126 of 126

I was giving up on this type of buttercream, as it was grainy and full of air, and too "slick".  All of my local stores only carry "no transfat" shortening now, and I know the change in my icing came with that.

Today I tried for the first time with Hi Ratio Shortening.  I have a beautiful batch of tasty icing!  Thank goodness!

I'm working on a cake for a friend, and she wants "normal vanilla buttercream" icing, and didn't want to try SMBC.  (I did throw in half a stick of butter for some of the shortening, so it really is buttercream!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%