Baby Shower Cake

Decorating By ladybug0626 Updated 15 Apr 2010 , 3:04pm by JaneK

ladybug0626 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug0626 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 6

HELP! I just received an order for a neutral baby shower cake for next Tuesday. I am going to be out of town for the weekend, so I will only have Monday and most of the day on Tuesday to work on this cake.

They have no idea what the baby is, or what they are doing the nursery in. I am having trouble coming up with a cute idea.

It only needs to feed about 20 people, and I don't have the ball pans to make the preg. belly cakes.

Anybody have any ideas????

Thanks!!

5 replies
aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 6

You could do a onesie cake in the color yellow or a light green!! All you have to do is carve it out of an 11x15!! You can put buttons on it instead of a ribbon.

Here's one that I did:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1333669.html

HTH icon_smile.gif

blueirus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueirus Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 5:14pm
post #3 of 6

This was only the second "decorated" cake I ever made, which tells you haw easy it is. If you have a large rectangle pan you can just cut the squares out of it or you can use a square pan. It is pretty simple and is definitely neutral. It was pretty easy to decorate and not really time consuming. I hope the picture isn't too dark and it helps. I have another neutral baby shower cake but I can't find the picture. If I do, I will post. =)
LL

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 6

I found this one some time ago and saved it for an occassion similar to yours. Loved the baby carriage idea.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_29549.html

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 6

this cake was a 5 min. decorating cake lol. I cut a stencil into the shape of a baby's handprint and smeared thinned buttercream on, couldn't be simpler.

It was for a girl who didn't know what she was having! they decorated everything in primary colors and loved the cake.
LL

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 3:04pm
post #6 of 6

I made this blue and pink one....bears and buttons
It's very quick and not difficult..
HTH
Image[/img]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%