Time Line Questions

Baking By newb2 Updated 14 Apr 2010 , 12:53pm by kileyscakes

newb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newb2 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 2:37am
post #1 of 2

I'm making cupcakes for a brunch shower Sunday (as a friend/non-professional). I will be making the WASC recipe and filling them with either strawberries-n-cream

1 large pkg of Instant Vanilla Jello Pudding
1 Pint of Heavy Whipping Cream
2-3 tablespoons of Strawberry Jello Gelatin powder

OR

Cupcake filling
Ingredients

* 2/3 c. Crisco
1/2 c. sugar
1/3 c. evaporated milk
1/4 t. salt
1 t. vanilla (clear or brown)

(1/4 c powdered sugar seperate)

I'm also making toppers using candy melts. I'm going to start on the toppers tonight or tomorrow and I'll probably make the cupcakes Friday or Saturday. If I make them Friday should I freeze them? When should I fill them? I'd prefer not to wait until Sunday morning to do a lot (other than frosting and toppers).....am I on the right track? Should I change anything? Not sure about the filling....how far in advance can I make it and when should I actually fill the cupcakes?

Thanks so much for all your help.

1 reply
kileyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kileyscakes Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 12:53pm
post #2 of 2

Depending on how many, which it probably isn't over a hundred or anything since it is a baby shower, I would do it all on saturday. I try and get all my cupcake orders done the day before and so I don't have to worry about trying to finish them on the day of that just seems to stressfull in case you have any problems you are not scrambling. by the look of the recipes I don't know for sure if they would have to be refridgerated. I always keep my cupcakes in a bakery box with the lid shut loosely because I notice when I put my cupcakes in like those plastic carrying cases with the lid shut they get sticky and fondant decorations could start to melt because they absorb moisture. I see that you are using candy melts so they would be fine.
hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%