Whipped Cream & Fondant

Decorating By jennbrownrigg Updated 13 Apr 2010 , 1:00am by Ursula40

jennbrownrigg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennbrownrigg Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 4

So i've been asked to do a black forest cake. I assume I can't cover the cake with whipped cream and then cover in fondant right? So I'll put cherries and cream alternately as the filling & cover with buttercream?
Correct me if I'm wrong please or is there a way to use whipped cream under fondant?
Thanks!

3 replies
fabray13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabray13 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 4:54pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennbrownrigg

So i've been asked to do a black forest cake. I assume I can't cover the cake with whipped cream and then cover in fondant right? So I'll put cherries and cream alternately as the filling & cover with buttercream?
Correct me if I'm wrong please or is there a way to use whipped cream under fondant?
Thanks!

NO!!!! Dont use whipped cream under fondant. There is too much moisture and it will turn the fondant to slime. Unfortunaly I know this from experience =(

Iggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iggy Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 4

A variation of a "real" black forest cake is made with chocolate cake, cherry filling, chocolate moose filling and all covered in whipped cream. No BC or fondant. You can use " Rich's Betterceam for more stabiliztion or "Whip It" that comes in little packets in your heavy cream.

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 1:00am
post #4 of 4

If you want to make a real Black forrest with whiped cream and cherries, bake your cake, torte it, then cut out a ring from your cake, place filling into and onto the INNER part, so that you have the outside ring of each layer FREE of whipped cream and filling. Either crumbcoat the outside with bc or use apricot jam(fairly neutral in taste and does not react with fondant) The inside of the cake is then real black forrest with all the goodness, but you are also safe for the outside

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%