Butterflies

Decorating By GHOST_USER_NAME Updated 23 Feb 2005 , 4:29am by suzyqqq27

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 22 Feb 2005 , 2:01am
post #1 of 7

I thought I posted this earlier today, but I don't see it anywhere, so I'm trying again.

I was very taken by suzyqqq27's beautiful butterfly so Investigated the instructions on this site thinking I may try one (among the 50 other things I want to try).

I printed out the butterfly images I like and something dawned on me. In step 2 of the instructions, you are directed to place the rice/wafer paper over the printed image and trace it with food-safe pens. Isn't this unsafe since the printed image is printed with regular ink? The thought of placing the edible paper over this inked image and applying pressure on it while tracing makes me uneasy. I would think a piece of parchement placed between the printed image and the rice/wafer paper is a better idea. Or am I being too cautious?

6 replies
suzyqqq27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzyqqq27 Posted 22 Feb 2005 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 7

Cookieman,

I printed it out and just made sure the ink was good and dry before taping the rice paper to it. It never bled or got any ink on the rice paper. I think it should be okay...to tell you the truth...I can't see anyone actually eating the butterfly anyway...I think it's just awesome to be able to tell people that it is actually edible.

My .02,
Suzanne M.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 22 Feb 2005 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 7

......or you could place clear saran wrap over the image and trace it so that you could see it easier.

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 22 Feb 2005 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 7

I think I worry to much sometimes! Thanks to both of you. I just bought the wafer paper and I'm about to start. Wish me luck!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 22 Feb 2005 , 10:01pm
post #5 of 7

I guess you can never be too careful!! I would most likely laminate the original and that way you are safe and can re-use your print out over and over! Good luck to you!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 3:01am
post #6 of 7

Good luck Cookieman!! thumbs_up.gif Share the pic w/us!!

suzyqqq27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzyqqq27 Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 4:29am
post #7 of 7

Good Luck!

I'm sure it will be beautiful...your cookies sure are.

Suzanne M.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%