Fillings

Decorating By ufgirl00 Updated 17 Apr 2010 , 7:31pm by Iggy

ufgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ufgirl00 Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 10

I have noticed the last two times I used a sleeved fruit filling, the cakes on top of the filling slide a little bit. Before I put the filling in, I pipe a line of BC frosting around the edge of the cake and then fill the inner with the filling. Am I doing this right? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to not let it slide? Thanks soo much!

9 replies
Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 10

I also use fruit sleeve fillings but I have not any problems with the top tier sliding off. In my opinion I think you added too much filling. Try not adding too much filling next time and also make sure your dam is really thick to insure that your filling does not ooze out. Usually my cakes have 2 or 3 layers of fillings, so I dont add too much filling on each tier, since I have more than one layer of filling. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 12:09am
post #3 of 10

I agree, I use those fillings all the time, and never have an issue. I think it is the amount you are using.

dsilbern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilbern Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 12:16am
post #4 of 10

I agree too! I'm usually conservative with my filling but put a bunch of flavored pudding in a basket weave cake once. (Why? Dunno!) But the top tier started to slide as I used the tilting turntable to pipe the weave.

Never went crazy with the filling since then and haven't had the problem again.

ufgirl00 Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 2:44pm
post #5 of 10

Thank you so much. Ill try adding a better dam and putting less filling!

BinkBink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BinkBink Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 3:22am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normita

I also use fruit sleeve fillings but I have not any problems with the top tier sliding off. In my opinion I think you added too much filling. Try not adding too much filling next time and also make sure your dam is really thick to insure that your filling does not ooze out. Usually my cakes have 2 or 3 layers of fillings, so I dont add too much filling on each tier, since I have more than one layer of filling. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

Where do you get your fruit sleeve fillings?

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 3:28am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinkBink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normita

Where do you get your fruit sleeve fillings?

I buy mine at the bakery supply store. But u can also buy them online. there are a lot of different brands out there...hopefully someone that buys them online can give u more info icon_smile.gif I know indydebi from here knows alot about those fillings maybe u can pm her for more info icon_smile.gif

ufgirl00 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 7:00pm
post #8 of 10

does anyone know how long the filling is good for? I bought the pastry sleeves and didnt use all of it in the cake. So im wondering how ling the leftovers are good for

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 7:14pm
post #9 of 10

You're def using too much filling. I mix the sleeved fillings with bc.

Iggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iggy Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 7:31pm
post #10 of 10

I use the fruit fillings (Henry & Henry) all the time. In fact their facility is in my neck of the woods. Have to buy from my cake distributor though. They do not need to be refridgerated and the leftovers will last forever! I fold down the top of the bag and secure it with tape. Then I put it into a Zip loc freezer bag, squeeze out as much air as possible and then fold or wrap the bag around the leftover filling. Keep refridgerated. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%