Help! Combine A Cowboy And A Motorhome?

Decorating By ClancyJane Updated 8 Apr 2010 , 9:03pm by ayerim979

ClancyJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClancyJane Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 7

I received a request for a retirement cake (it will be a sheet cake) that combines cowboy/western elements with a motorhome or RV. I have absolutely no idea where to even start! They seem like two completely un-related elements to me! icon_cry.gif The client wants the cake inscription to read "Happy RV Trails."

The one idea I've had is to maybe do a cowboy on a horse in the foreground with an RV and a sunset in the background. But I'd love to hear any other thoughts anyone might have! Thanks for your help!

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 7

and I immediately thought of a 3D cake..

every RV needs a good set of HORNS -- as in BULL horn -- TEXAS LONGHORN style on the top.

and then I could certainly use a spotted cow paint job

and it's got a tail that could be tied on to the front bumper of the little dingy (car) it's towing behind -- that car could look like a little ol' calf.

and then add a cowboy hanging out the window or ridin' on top lariat in hand

ClancyJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClancyJane Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you Doug! What a great idea!

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 7

Instead of the RV pulling a car, you could have a saddled horse attached to the rear bumper.

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 7

I thought along the same lines as Doug. Cowboy riding an rv. Maybe the rv is tied like a horse to a hitching post. Or switch it around and have a poor horse standing at a campground with the green fake grass carpet and lawnchairs, fire ring, awning, etc. The horse could be towing a trailer. Ok. I have no idea how to do all that on a sheetcake, but the pictures in my mind are quite amusing! icon_lol.gif Good luck! Post pics of your finished cake.

j_black Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j_black Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 8:37pm
post #6 of 7

Hi!
How about an RV traveling down a dirt road lined by some log fences with some mesas in the background (whole southwestern look). Then the border or edging you could pipe a rope, throw on a hankie in the corner, a bale of hay in the corner. Or pipe a cartoonish looking cowboy in all his getup on top of the RV rolling down the road.

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 9:03pm
post #7 of 7

I picture an RV and a man sitting on the steps wearing boots and boxers lol !!!Sorry dont know why lol !!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%