Pillow Pans

Decorating By 3dlovely Updated 15 May 2010 , 3:25am by cake-queen

whisperingmadcow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whisperingmadcow Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 8:03pm
post #31 of 40

One of the benefits of using these pans that I can see it it would be less waste, less cake scrapes from what you had to carve off. I am just saying...

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 8:59pm
post #32 of 40

I really want these pans, I think they look great!

Debi2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debi2 Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 9:18pm
post #33 of 40

Thanks Tame! I thought that was what it looked like.

I like the idea of these pans because I make such a mess when carving and this would save me alot of clean up. ha ha I always think of Kerry Vincent and how appauled (sp) she would be since she's always commenting on the Food Network Challenges about keeping your area tidy at all times. Definitely something I need to work on so I don't have such a big clean up job at the end!

3dlovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3dlovely Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 9:30pm
post #34 of 40

superstar -- I know, I want them too. I keep trying to hold out until they come to a local craft store so I can use a coupon, but the urge to order is starting to get to me. I'm so afraid that when they do get sold in stores, they will sell out before I get there!

I never tried carving a pillow cake, but I know my husband would love all those pieces that get cut off!

cakeaddiction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeaddiction Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 9:51pm
post #35 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedist

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Wilton-3-TIERED-PILLOW-WEDDING-CAKE-PAN-SET-4-piece_W0QQitemZ250599753221QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a58e8c605

here's a pic

Also, this Ebayer has a good bit of new things from Wilton that I guess will all be in the May release

This person says they are an authorize Wilton dealer. So that must be how they have the new stuff already.

superstar Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 11:17pm
post #36 of 40

I know what you are saying 3dlovely! I see thatcustomcakesupply have free shipping on orders over $99.00 I just have to look & see what else they have & then....find the money to pay for it but, LOL I will be saving the shipping cost & in Hawaii that is a wonderful thing!!!! We don't have a Michaels or Joann on our Island but maybe I can ask our little craft store to order them, of course they will be more expensive than anywhere else! What can I say....It is the price we have to pay to live in paradise....sigh

3dlovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3dlovely Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 11:32pm
post #37 of 40

The eBay seller says he/she has free shipping to all 50 states.

With regard to your fabulous state, I know what you mean though. I have a neighbor who spends her winters there and tells me a lot about it and always has breathtaking pictures to share. Last year I wanted to send her a gift through a website and I couldn't believe how much the postage was. However, when she talks about Hawaii, it sounds beyond my imagination. I definitely have to visit that beautiful state someday.

tame Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tame Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 11:56pm
post #38 of 40

Well I paid almost $50.00 for the pans at my local cake store and she only had two sets, Yet the owner did question me if I wanted to tackle on a cake like this and i said heck yea, but she was not for sure if they would. I have not use them yet but they do come with a small heating core. I can't way to try them, I was wondering what else wilton has coming out? I have purchase almost every pan set wilton has but I think I am going to really love these 3-d a little easier ( i hope) icon_rolleyes.gif

superstar Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 12:04am
post #39 of 40

I now only buy from vendors who ship by mail, the flat rate priority is wonderful but the heavy items are still a problem although even they are MUCH cheaper sent by regular mail. I do hope you come to visit our beautiful island sometime, you will love it.

cake-queen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-queen Posted 15 May 2010 , 3:25am
post #40 of 40

I saw the pillow pan at Michaels this week in their new baking department!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%