Help! I Made My Cake Tooo Early!

Decorating By cecescakecreations Updated 6 Apr 2010 , 4:04am by sweetiesbykim

cecescakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cecescakecreations Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 4:22am
post #31 of 36

I will definately be posting more cuz I'm so new at this and have a ton to learn! I'm now feeling like a real dope and like I've taken a hundred steps backwards!
I did consider each opinion given and appreciate them all. Thanks for all your time.

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 4:26am
post #32 of 36

Thanks kitagrl icon_wink.gif

KSMill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSMill Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 4:30am
post #33 of 36

I'm so sorry you got the date wrong, but you're on the right track! Listen to your gut...which made you nervous about delivering a cake that was a week old. If you're not absolutely confident, that's your guide that you need to re-do. Then you're sure you have the quality behind your name that you work so hard to accomplish. They hired you because they liked your work and you. Good luck next week! Be sure to post pics.

cecescakecreations Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 11:31am
post #34 of 36

Thanks so much...I will post pics!

cecescakecreations Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 3:05am
post #35 of 36

Well, needless to say I just couldnt go without rebaking and starting from scratch. So in the meantime we cut all the cakes just tto check on the flavor and texture of all of them and I'm really glad I did! My super moist choc cake was a funky texture and left a strange aftertaste when we tried tha one. And the yellow cake was just a tad dry. Not too bad. The RV was still awesome. So in the end it all depended on the flavor of the cake but I wouldnt recommend ever storing for more then a week if ever the same thing were to happen to any of you!
Thanks all for your advice.

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 4:04am
post #36 of 36

Thanks so much for letting us know of your tasting experience. You must feel peace of mind, even though you have a lot of work ahead icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%