Figures On Cake

Decorating By ann925 Updated 1 Apr 2010 , 2:27am by Price

ann925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ann925 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 4

I want to learn how to make these. Do you make figures with fondant or modeling chocolate? Are there any good books? Where can I learn to do this? Any tips you can share? Specifically I want to make a golfer to put on top of a golf cake. Thanks.

3 replies
malene541 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malene541 Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 4

Youtube is great!! You can see video's to make almost any type of figure. You can also search them saying "clay golf person" instead of "fondant golf person" because it's the same idea.

casme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
casme Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 2:11am
post #3 of 4

Another suggestion would be to go to a craft store and look for a book on modeling clay figures in the clay section. They are usually very detailed and have pictures. The only difference is you would be using fondant or gumpaste. I hope this helps.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 2:27am
post #4 of 4

I purchased some of the Polymer Clay books when I first started modeling. The basics are the same for modeling with clay or fondant. Check out Aine2's work. She is amazing and has tutorials that you can purchase. You can make figures from fondant, gumpaste or modeling chocolate it's a personal preference. I normally use Satin Ice fondant with a little Tylose powder kneaded in. The tylose powder makes the fondant easier to work with and gives it a firmer texture so that it dries quicker and holds it's shape better. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%