I Just Feel Like Crying

Lounge By ladyellam Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 7:04am by prterrell

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 3:51am
post #31 of 44

Kathy, I am so very sorry at your family's loss! I passed over this thread for a couple of days thinking it was someone lamenting a cake disaster. I wish I had answered immediately to offer my condolences.
I lost a 17 year old son to a car accident some 15 years ago. I still feel the loss very acutely but with prayer and time the ragged edges do smooth somewhat.
You and your family are most certainly in my prayers tonight and I am so thankful the little ones are OK. They will need a lot of love and I can tell they have loving family to provide that.
Take care of yourself, allow yourself to cry. It is cleansing. Don't try to be stoic. You have a caring family here at CC, too. We are here for you.
(((Hugs!!!)))

Jan

kizrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kizrash Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 4:35am
post #32 of 44

I have just read the news article. I'm in U.K and this sort of story is such a rarity over here. I can't begin to imagine the pain you must be feeling. ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) from across the water. Thank God the little one is going to make it. Big hugs to the 10yr old. xx

vonnie222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie222 Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 5:29am
post #33 of 44

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 7:30pm
post #34 of 44

Oh, Milkmaid, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine your pain.

The wake is tomorrow and I know seeing the two caskets together is going to be extremely tough for everyone. My aunt is just going through the motions. I don't think it has fully set in, yet. I keep telling her just to take it minute by minute, then hour by hour.

All the big holidays are marked with family members passing away. My only grandparent died right before Thanksgiving, my mother passed away right before Christmas and now with these two deaths right before Easter. I tried to make it as joyful for the kids because they should be able to have joy in their lives.

Thank you all again. It just seems like a very bad dream that we can't wake up from. Once again, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can feel all of the love and support. It helps a lot!

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 10 Apr 2010 , 3:12am
post #35 of 44

just wondering how you and your family are doing? i thought about you during easter- and kept you all close in my prayers.
please know you are not alone during this difficult time.

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 12:53pm
post #36 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by aundrea

just wondering how you and your family are doing? i thought about you during easter- and kept you all close in my prayers.
please know you are not alone during this difficult time.

I, too, was thinking about you during the past weekend. You and your family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 5:34pm
post #37 of 44

My deepest sympathies for your family and prayers for healing.

ladyellam Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 6:44pm
post #38 of 44

Thank you all again. There were 400 people for the wake/rosary and about the same for the funeral. I was okay for the wake but for the funeral, I actually cried more than at my mother's funeral. I think it was because I could actually feel, whereas at my mother's I was just absolutely numb. When my aunt draped the cloth over and smoothed it and gave it a kiss good-bye, that's when the tears just started flowing. Maybe this is just TMI but thank you for letting me write all of this down.

At the funeral, my aunt grabbed me and hugged me so tightly and just kept repeating that her heart hurt so much and she just wanted her babies back. I hugged her hard and wanted to just bring herself into me so that I could take her pain away. I told God I would gladly take her pain on myself if that would help her. I'm crying right now just thinking about it.

Their daughter had to be led away because it just got to be too much for her. I was and am so very proud of her. She's such a strong person and has had to bear way too much for her young life.

I just keep praying and taking it one day at a time. I really do appreciate all of your prayers....they help so much!

Kathy

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 1:44am
post #39 of 44

It will take a while, but it will start to hurt less with time. Have they found the *&%!! who did this? Hope they find them fast, so that your aunt can have closure and noone else has to go through this. How are the children? Is the baby out of the hospital yet?

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 5:40am
post #40 of 44

thank-you for letting us know how you and your family are doing.
i cant even find the words to offer you comfort. but know i still have all of you in my prayers.
i hope the little one is healing ok. and i cant even imagine how the 10 year old is coping.
im sure with love, support and time your family can begin to heal.
and i really hope they find whoever did this horrible crime and are held to the highest degree of the law.
(((((hugs))))))

ladyellam Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 11:53pm
post #41 of 44

Melanie (2) got to come home but all she asks for is her mommy and daddy. She goes through the rooms of the house looking for them. Mariah (10) seems to be taking it as well as can be expected. She stays busy with school and softball. My aunt and uncle are just miserable. They want their kids back and still don't understand why this happened.

We are all going through the motions. Pretty much all you can do. They haven't got any leads and I doubt they ever will. I just wanted to let everyone know their love and prayers have helped so much.

Kathy

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 12:31am
post #42 of 44

I thought you yesterday. icon_sad.gif
Your family is still in my prayers.

ladyellam Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 6:06am
post #43 of 44

Thank you.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 7:04am
post #44 of 44

I just now clicked on this thread. I am sitting here in shock and sorrow. My heart is breaking for you, your aunt, and the little ones. You all are in my prayers. I know I'm across the country, but if there is anything, anything I can do for you, please PM me. As you can tell by the time stamp, I don't sleep regularly, so I'm here in the middle of the night if you need to talk. I know you'll let us know when the SOB who did this is caught.

Lots of hugs.

Promise

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%